User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/188.8.131.52 Build Identifier: Version 184.108.40.206 (20060420) See steps, that's what I get on my system. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Ctrl-m to compose a new mail 2. Type 'ca' in the "to" field 3. LDAP gives me a list of possible completions. The first answer is "Sébastien Cahon <email@example.com>", second one is "jean Carle <firstname.lastname@example.org>". 4. I choose "jean Carle <email@example.com>" 5. I'm a bit maniacal, so I correct "jean" to "Jean" in the label (the address in not modified!) 6. Hit Tab key to jump to the "title" field Actual Results: "Jean Carle <firstname.lastname@example.org>" is automatically replaced by "Sébastien Cahon <email@example.com>" Expected Results: The address should not be modified I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I don't think TB should automatically change the address without any warning. Yesterday I sent an e-mail to someone I don't know at all because I didn't see this replacement...
I can reproduce this problem with TB 220.127.116.11 and 1.0.6 under Windows; however, with 2a1-0912, the edited name remains in place. There've been a handful of autocomplete fixes since 1.5 was released, but it's not obvious which of them might have fixed this.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.