On Import, tasks previously completed not checked or shown as complete

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

Calendar
General
--
major
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
12 years ago
12 years ago

People

(Reporter: Jason Gallagher, Unassigned)

Tracking

Details

(Reporter)

Description

12 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4

After importing a Sunbird 0.2 ics file into Sunbird 0.3a2 many tasks that I had checked as completed previously in Sunbird 0.2 show as unchecked and not completed in Sunbird 0.3a2.

This may be related to Bug#: 276585 in which I experienced hundreds of calendar alarm windows on import.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Import Sunbird 0.2 .ics calendar file.  The calendar should have tasks that you  had checked as completed.
2. You may now have to dismiss or close numerous alarm windows on import.


Actual Results:  
Many (but not all) Tasks that I checked as completed in Sunbird 0.2 show in the tasks window in red and not as completed in Sunbird 0.3a2.

Expected Results:  
All tasks checked as completed in Sunbird 0.2 should be shown as completed after import into Sunbird 0.3a2.

It should be noted that I DO have the "hide completed tasks" option checked and there were many completed tasks shown when unchecking the hide completed tasks option in addition to the many tasks that should have been shown as completed but were not.
Can you attach some items that lost their "completed" status, and some that imported as you expected from the Sunbird 0.2 .ics file?
(Reporter)

Comment 2

12 years ago
Well, I did additional testing and I have been unable to duplicate the bug.  I was getting the same bug repeatedly before when I would delete the calendar from within Sunbird and then re-import.  But this time I cleaned all versions of sunbird from my system, including deleting my profile, and tried the import and it worked fine.  I tried importing in different ways, and orders, and could not reproduce.  I tried on another computer (a clean one that had never used any version of Sunbird) and could not reproduce.

I must have done something really weird with my original import, in which I did go through many tests, but unfortunately I can not duplicate whatever it was that happened before.  Sorry.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.