"Personal Toolbar Folder" bookmarks fail after extensions installed

RESOLVED INCOMPLETE

Status

SeaMonkey
Bookmarks & History
RESOLVED INCOMPLETE
12 years ago
11 years ago

People

(Reporter: Bill, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

12 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060720 SeaMonkey/1.0.3
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060720 SeaMonkey/1.0.3

After upgrading to Seamonkey 1.03 ... installed a couple of extensions (Mouse Gestures, NoScript) ... ALL BOOKMARKS FAIL -- i.e. neither the Personal Bookmarks nor those in the Bookmarks menu works.

Also, installation of Extension Manager fails utterly -- repreatedly asks for subsequent install of "Extension Uninstaller API" .. but each time I click to install this "uninstaller API", it asks again (and again .. and again).

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. See details (above)
2. results happen every time ... even after deleting personal profile ($HOME/.mozilla/profile-name...) and after deleting and reinstalling Seamonkey.
3.

Comment 1

12 years ago
(In reply to comment #0)
> User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5)
> Gecko/20060720 SeaMonkey/1.0.3
> Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5)
> Gecko/20060720 SeaMonkey/1.0.3
> 
> After upgrading to Seamonkey 1.03 ... installed a couple of extensions (Mouse
> Gestures, NoScript) ... ALL BOOKMARKS FAIL -- i.e. neither the Personal
> Bookmarks nor those in the Bookmarks menu works.

Are those compatible with seamonkey?

> 
> Also, installation of Extension Manager fails utterly -- repreatedly asks for
> subsequent install of "Extension Uninstaller API" .. but each time I click to
> install this "uninstaller API", it asks again (and again .. and again).

fwiw, see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2238043

> 
> Reproducible: Always
> 
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 1. See details (above)
> 2. results happen every time ... even after deleting personal profile
> ($HOME/.mozilla/profile-name...) and after deleting and reinstalling Seamonkey.
> 3.
> 
Resolving INCOMPLETE for lack of a reply to comment #1 after more than 1½ years.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.