Incorrect timestamps when creating bugs or adding additional comments

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

()

Bugzilla
Creating/Changing Bugs
--
major
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
11 years ago
11 years ago

People

(Reporter: Martijn Ras, Unassigned)

Tracking

Details

(Reporter)

Description

11 years ago
Heya Folks,

One of my users noticed that the timestamps in my bugzilla installation are incorrect when creating bugs or adding additional comments.

The server's clock is set correctly (actually it's using ntp), so that's not causing the problem, the timestamp generated at the top of the results returned by buglist.cgi is correct.

When creating bugs or adding additional comments the timestamp is offset by 5 hours. For example, in this comment that i added as a test:

------- Comment  #1 From Martijn Ras  2007-03-21 10:20:45  [reply] -------
Additional comment on: 2007-03-21 15:20

Mazzel,

Martijn.
your timezone is probably set incorrectly in the params.  I think that's on the required settings panel.  If that's not the case go ahead and reopen this.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
(Reporter)

Comment 2

11 years ago
I've never set the timezone in the params. I reset the timezone parameter to the factory setting (which is empty, c.q. not set) and added a comment for which the timestamp is still offset by 5 hours. Then i set the timezone parameter to CET and added a comment. The only change was that now all timestamps where ended by the name of the timezone.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: WORKSFORME → ---

Comment 3

11 years ago
Look at your database server.

Comment 4

11 years ago
Yeah, it's probably something with your database. See if the timestamps are correct in the database.

Bugzilla doesn't modify timestamps at *all* on the way into the database, it just uses the NOW() function in your DB. So if that's somehow wrong, then something could be up.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

11 years ago
Haven't been able to locate what exaclty made the time offset by 5 hours in Bugzilla, while all other MySQL databases set their timestamps correctly.

Eventually i gave up and restarted both my webserver and MySQL, the problem seems to have disappeared for now ...
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago11 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 6

11 years ago
This bug is not fixed but wfm.
Resolution: FIXED → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.