Closed Bug 382581 Opened 13 years ago Closed 12 years ago

AMO Localization (fa)

Categories

(addons.mozilla.org Graveyard :: Localization, defect)

defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

VERIFIED FIXED

People

(Reporter: ehsan, Assigned: ehsan)

References

Details

Attachments

(6 files, 3 obsolete files)

This is the tracker bug for localizing addons.mozilla.org into Persian (fa).  My AMO account user name is "ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com".
Flags: blocking-firefox3?
Flags: blocking-firefox3?
Translation of sandbox flowchart strings.  The English text appears in odd lines, and each one's Persian translation appears in the even line following it.
r=Behnam Esfahbod, bug 417690 comment #1
Updated translation of sandbox flowchart strings.  How should I generate an image file from it?
Attachment #266738 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Comment on attachment 304952 [details]
Translation of sandbox flowchart strings (Updated)

Not sure if a review is necessary here, but requesting it anyway.
Attachment #304952 - Flags: review?(bugs+behnam)
(In reply to comment #3)
> Created an attachment (id=304952) [details]
> Translation of sandbox flowchart strings (Updated)
> 
> Updated translation of sandbox flowchart strings.  How should I generate an
> image file from it?
> 

Adding fligtar to generate the flowchart
Hi,

This is just a friendly reminder that I'm sending to all the AMO L10n bugs:

The 3.2 redesign is going live in just over a week and a half.  If you can't make the schedule or you have any questions please let me know.  If you've already updated your locales, thanks so much - they're looking great. :)
Attachment #304952 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Attachment #304952 - Flags: review?(bugs+behnam)
Version: 3.0 → 3.2
Here is the Persian translation of the gettext file for AMO.  The specialized pages are going to be ready briefly as well.
Attachment #333115 - Attachment mime type: application/octet-stream → text/plain
I'm also translating the rest of the pages (policy.thtml, reviewguide.thtml, and submission_help.thtml), but I think it would be nice if these translations can be committed in SVN and be imported into the staging server, so that I can start the QA process in the mean time as well.  Will, can you do that please?

Also, it would be great if you can grant me SVN access on the appropriate directory for fa so that I can fix the problems faster and easier.

Thanks!
Attachment #333152 - Attachment mime type: application/force-download → application/octet-stream
(In reply to comment #5)
> Adding fligtar to generate the flowchart

BTW, the flowchart should be generated from attachment 333114 [details].
Two more forthcoming...
(In reply to comment #9)
> I'm also translating the rest of the pages (policy.thtml, reviewguide.thtml,
> and submission_help.thtml), but I think it would be nice if these translations
> can be committed in SVN and be imported into the staging server, so that I can
> start the QA process in the mean time as well.  Will, can you do that please?

Done in r17597.  Should be viewable here at the next update: https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/fa/firefox/

Thanks
(In reply to comment #12)
> Done in r17597.  Should be viewable here at the next update:
> https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/fa/firefox/

Thank you!  Should I be expecting the update soon?

By the way, do I need to file a new bug for my SVN access?
(In reply to comment #13)> 
> Thank you!  Should I be expecting the update soon?
I think it's every 15 minutes?  Something like that...

> By the way, do I need to file a new bug for my SVN access?
Yep, instructions are here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/SVN#SVN_account_for_localizers
Depends on: 417690
Depends on: 450131
No longer depends on: 417690
No longer depends on: 450131
After logging on to preview.a.m.o, I can't see the Localizer's Tools menu.  Should this part of the translation be made once this is ready to be pushed live?
Once the locale is on the live site I can add you to the localizer's group.  Then you can logout/login and you'll see the link.
Depends on: 380453
Committed in r17695.
Committed in r17695.
A revised version of the Persian strings needed to create the flowchart.
Attachment #333114 - Attachment is obsolete: true
This is now ready to be pushed to the live site.  Please use attachment 334148 [details] for creating the flowchart.  I prefer fa not to be added in the list of languages (the drop-down box at the bottom of each page) until I finish translating the dynamic strings as well.  My AMO login is ehsan.akhgari at gmail.com, so please add me as a localizer on the live site as well.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
We have a code push on this Thursday that will push your changes to the live site.  After that it will probably be 2-3 weeks before we have another push.  I can only put Persian in the drop-down box during a push - do you want me to do it this week or do you want to wait?  The category names are the only major thing to translate on the site itself.
(In reply to comment #21)
> We have a code push on this Thursday that will push your changes to the live
> site.  After that it will probably be 2-3 weeks before we have another push.  I
> can only put Persian in the drop-down box during a push - do you want me to do
> it this week or do you want to wait?  The category names are the only major
> thing to translate on the site itself.

In that case, please put Persian in the list of supported locales this Thursday.  I'll try to translate the category names (in fact I've already done that; I only need to cut & paste them in the web interface) as soon as it goes live so that few users would notice it.

Thanks for all your help! :-)
Thank you! :)

It should be in the dropdown on preview once it updates itself and it'll be in the dropdown on the live site when we push.
That's great, thanks!  Will I be immediately added to the localizers group right after the push?  Is there any way to get notified of the push (except hitting F5 in a row?) ;-)
I'll try to remember to post here.  :)
BTW, I checked out preview.a.m.o, and our language name is incorrectly listed as پارسی.  The correct name would be:

فارسی

Could you please fix this before pushing it live?
(In reply to comment #26)
> BTW, I checked out preview.a.m.o, and our language name is incorrectly listed
> as پارسی.  The correct name would be:
> 
> فارسی
> 
> Could you please fix this before pushing it live?
> 

Done
I made the sandbox flowchart - http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/addons/trunk/site/app/locale/fa/images/sandbox-review.png?view=markup

I had to extend the width of the normal flowchart image because I didn't want to make any linebreaks.
(In reply to comment #28)
> I made the sandbox flowchart -
> http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/addons/trunk/site/app/locale/fa/images/sandbox-review.png?view=markup
> 
> I had to extend the width of the normal flowchart image because I didn't want
> to make any linebreaks.

Thanks, but there are two major problems with this.  Firstly, Persian is an RTL language, but all the texts appear LTR in the flowchart.  Secondly, it seems like your image editor does not support the Arabic joining algorithm, because all of the letters appear in their isolated form.

May I ask which image editor you're using?  If you can provide the source file, I may be able to create a proper version of the image.  The image in its current format is unreadable to Persian speaking users.
I added the Photoshop .psd file to the same directory - you can create a new flowchart if you'd like.
Thanks, I created an updated PNG image using GIMP, and committed it along with the modified PSD file in r17777.  I removed the unneeded PSD file from that directory in r17778.  If you need my modified file, you can grab it from r17777.
I noticed that the push has been done, and fa is live on AMO.  Can you please add my AMO account to the list of localizers?  My email address is ehsan.akhgari at gmail dot com.

Thanks!
Created the fa Localizers group and added you. You'll need to log out and back in if you're already logged in for the Localizer Tools menu to show up.
Thanks Justin and Ehsan! :)
Thanks for all of your help.  Most of the translation work is done.  But I can't get to translate the Applications sections easily.  After I submit the form in this page <https://addons.mozilla.org/fa/localizers/applications> I get an  "Connection Interrupted" firefox error page...
Never mind, the problem still persists, but I noticed that the translations I submit are actually saved!  :-)

I think most of the work here is done.  -> VERIFIED.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Product: addons.mozilla.org → addons.mozilla.org Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.