User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5 I installed Camino 1.5.1 and when I tried to login to last.fm, the login page failed to load. I click on the link, the status bar indicates that it's loading, but the login page fails to appear. This happened with Yahoo Mail, ipage (https://ipage.ingrambook.com/ipage/li001.jsp) and with Bugzilla when I tried to sign up for an account to report the problem. I re-installed 1.5 and the problem went away. On ipage, last.fm and Yahoo mail, I have login names & passwords saved to the keychain. I am running 10.4.10 on a G5 iMac. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. 2. 3.
That's odd, since the only change to the keychain code between 1.5 and 1.5.1 was exceedingly minor. Please download and run <http://escapedthoughts.com/camino/CaminoDiagnostics.zip>, and attach the file it creates using the "Add an attachment" link above.
Oh, and when this happens does the browser hang, requiring you to force quit, or is it just that the page doesn't load?
Well, this is interesting. I re-installed 1.5.1 (from the the same dmg as the first time) to run the diagnostics app, and everything now works as it should. I checked all sites I had tried before and there were no problems. As far as the odd behavior before, no the browser didn't hang, the page simply didn't load. I went ahead and ran the diagnostic, but when I tried to attach it, I got a "File too large message". It's 1.2mb, if you still need/want it, I can email to you.
(In reply to comment #3) > if you still need/want it, I can email to you. Please do; if nothing else I'd like to find out why it's so large so I can update the diagnostic tool to trim more aggressively.
Nothing telling in the logs about what happened (although I do know why your log was huge, and have fixed the diagnostic tool, so that was helpful; thank you). You have CamiTools installed; it's unlikely to be the problem, but CamiTools is known to break Camino 1.5 in a variety of other ways if you use certain options, so I'd suggest removing it. There's also MOAB.ape, which has the potentially to have broken something; I didn't follow what exactly they patched around. It's also possible that it was a transient problem with the system itself trying to display the "Camino has changed" dialog and failing to for some reason. Closing WFM, based on comment 3.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.