Actual hours column in buglist.cgi seems wrong a lot of the time




11 years ago
10 years ago


(Reporter: mike.m11, Unassigned)





11 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv: Gecko/20070601 Ubuntu/dapper-security Firefox/
Build Identifier: 3.0.2

When listing/searching bugs the "Actual Hours" column (in buglist.cgi) appears to have an incorrect value most of the time. I'm under the assumption that Actual Hours in buglist.cgi should be equal to the "Hours Worked" column on show_bug.cgi.

When I go into the actual mysql database and run a query on the longdescs table:
select sum(work_time) from longdescs where bug_id='xxxx'; 
I get the correct value back, so my database entries should be correct.

I've tried this in version 2.20. I've upgraded to 3.0.2 and get the same values.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Goto Search
2. Search for whatever. On the results page you may have to goto "change columns" to get the "actual hours" column to show up.
3. The Actual Hours Columns reports a different number than the "Hours Worked" column if you go to the actual bug page (show_bug.cgi)
Actual Results:  
Most of the bugs report an incorrect actual hours. Though, some of the bugs report a correct value. The result are consistent. i.e. If bug 2 reports an incorrect actual hours, it will always display an incorrect value. Though bug 3 may have a correct value for an actual hours value, then it will always display a correct value.

Expected Results:  
I think the software should have done a simple sum on the work_time column of the longdescs table: select sum(work_time) from longdescs where bug_id='xxxx';
I can't reproduce this either on latest v3.2 or trunk. "Actual Hours" in buglist is equal to show_bug "Hours Worked" information in all bugs I tested. Other timetracking values seems to show up correctly as well.
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.