Closed Bug 398505 Opened 12 years ago Closed 8 years ago

nsMathMLmactionFrame::Init munges style context

Categories

(Core :: MathML, defect)

x86
All
defect
Not set

Tracking

()

RESOLVED FIXED
mozilla9

People

(Reporter: bzbarsky, Assigned: fredw)

References

(Blocks 1 open bug)

Details

(Keywords: dev-doc-complete)

Attachments

(2 files)

nsMathMLmactionFrame::Init reresolves its style context after munging an attribute... it's possible to craft style rules so that it'll actually end up with "display: none" after that, but still have a frame.  That's bad.
QA Contact: ian → mathml
Blocks: maction
Assignee: rbs → nobody
I suggest to remove the actiontype="restyle". See bug 544036 comment 1
Agreed.
Attachment #555084 - Flags: review?(karlt)
Attachment #555085 - Flags: review?(karlt)
Comment on attachment 555085 [details] [diff] [review]
remove nonstandard actiontype "restyle" of maction on MathML demo pages.

>-לחץ עם העכבר בכל מקום באיזור הצהוב כדי להגדיל/להקטין בעזרת RESTYLE:
>+לחץ עם העכבר בכל מקום באיזור הצהוב כדי להגדיל/להקטין:

>-คลิกตรงไหนก็ได้ในพื้นที่สีเหลือง เพื่อ ย่อ/ขยาย โดยใช้ RESTYLE:
>+คลิกตรงไหนก็ได้ในพื้นที่สีเหลือง เพื่อ ย่อ/ขยาย :

Did you check that it is appropriate to remove these words in these languages?
Attachment #555085 - Flags: review?(karlt) → review+
Attachment #555084 - Flags: review?(karlt) → review+
(In reply to Karl Tomlinson (:karlt) from comment #5)
> Comment on attachment 555085 [details] [diff] [review]
> remove nonstandard actiontype "restyle" of maction on MathML demo pages.
> 
> >-לחץ עם העכבר בכל מקום באיזור הצהוב כדי להגדיל/להקטין בעזרת RESTYLE:
> >+לחץ עם העכבר בכל מקום באיזור הצהוב כדי להגדיל/להקטין:
> 
> >-คลิกตรงไหนก็ได้ในพื้นที่สีเหลือง เพื่อ ย่อ/ขยาย โดยใช้ RESTYLE:
> >+คลิกตรงไหนก็ได้ในพื้นที่สีเหลือง เพื่อ ย่อ/ขยาย :
> 
> Did you check that it is appropriate to remove these words in these
> languages?

I tried to translate into English with Google translate and that seems to be correct.
(In reply to Karl Tomlinson (:karlt) from comment #5)
> Comment on attachment 555085 [details] [diff] [review]
> remove nonstandard actiontype "restyle" of maction on MathML demo pages.
> 
> >-לחץ עם העכבר בכל מקום באיזור הצהוב כדי להגדיל/להקטין בעזרת RESTYLE:
> >+לחץ עם העכבר בכל מקום באיזור הצהוב כדי להגדיל/להקטין:
> 
> >-คลิกตรงไหนก็ได้ในพื้นที่สีเหลือง เพื่อ ย่อ/ขยาย โดยใช้ RESTYLE:
> >+คลิกตรงไหนก็ได้ในพื้นที่สีเหลือง เพื่อ ย่อ/ขยาย :
> 
> Did you check that it is appropriate to remove these words in these
> languages?

Exactly what fonts am I supposed to have installed so that this comment makes any sense whatsoever?
(In reply to Frédéric Wang (:fred) from comment #6)
> I tried to translate into English with Google translate and that seems to be
> correct.

OK.  Sounds fine, thanks.

(In reply to Bill Gianopoulos from comment #7)
> Exactly what fonts am I supposed to have installed so that this comment
> makes any sense whatsoever?

I don't think any fonts will.  There seems to be an encoding (or similar) problem with Bugzilla's "Edit Attachment As Comment".
Keywords: checkin-needed
Where is the 2nd patch supposed to be landing, seeing as the files for it don't exist in m-c?

In instances where non-standard landing of patches is required, please can you add suitable instructions to the whiteboard, to make it easier not only for the person doing the checkin-neededs, but also people doing the subsequent inbound -> m-c merge. Thanks :-)
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(In reply to Ed Morley [:edmorley] from comment #9)
> Where is the 2nd patch supposed to be landing, seeing as the files for it
> don't exist in m-c?
> 
> In instances where non-standard landing of patches is required, please can
> you add suitable instructions to the whiteboard, to make it easier not only
> for the person doing the checkin-neededs, but also people doing the
> subsequent inbound -> m-c merge. Thanks :-)

I believe the second patch is for the www.mozilla.org webserver.
to be landed relative to:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/

I suspect the checkin-needed was probably intended to refer to the first patch only.
Comment on attachment 555085 [details] [diff] [review]
remove nonstandard actiontype "restyle" of maction on MathML demo pages.

http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc?view=revision&revision=95002
Attachment #555085 - Flags: checkin+
OS: Linux → All
Version: 1.8 Branch → Trunk
Comment on attachment 555084 [details] [diff] [review]
remove nonstandard actiontype "restyle" of maction. r=karlt (bug 398505)

https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/c576f8acafd6
Attachment #555084 - Flags: checkin+
Keywords: checkin-needed
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla9
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/c576f8acafd6
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.