Closed Bug 403770 Opened 14 years ago Closed 14 years ago

update testing/release to support bz2 packages

Categories

(Release Engineering :: General, defect)

defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: bhearsum, Assigned: bhearsum)

References

Details

Attachments

(3 files, 1 obsolete file)

Attached patch add bz2 supportSplinter Review
This is needed for Bootstrap support on trunk. The patch is a first attempt. Output from it running can be found here: http://staging-trunk-automation.build.mozilla.org:8810/l10nverify/builds/9/step-shell_5/0
Attachment #288668 - Flags: review?(rhelmer)
Attachment #288668 - Flags: review?(rhelmer) → review+
Checking in common/unpack.sh;
/cvsroot/mozilla/testing/release/common/unpack.sh,v  <--  unpack.sh
new revision: 1.13; previous revision: 1.12
done
Checking in l10n/verify_l10n.sh;
/cvsroot/mozilla/testing/release/l10n/verify_l10n.sh,v  <--  verify_l10n.sh
new revision: 1.10; previous revision: 1.9
done
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Found that this doesn't work for Fx2.0.0.10rc1. The diffs/ subdirs have only linux-i686..diff, mac..diff, and win32..diff files instead of one for each locale. 

If you put in a "set -x" in at line 19, then you get

++ find firefox-2.0.0.9-rc1/ -maxdepth 1 -iname '*.linux-i686.*'
++ grep -v en-US
++ basename firefox-2.0.0.9-rc1//firefox-2.0.0.9.af.linux-i686.tar.gz
+ package=firefox-2.0.0.9.af.linux-i686.tar.gz
++ sed -e 's/\.$platform.*//' -e 's/.*\.//'
++ echo firefox-2.0.0.9.af.linux-i686.tar.gz
+ locale=gz
+ set +x

So it looks like $platform isn't substituted because of the quoting.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
This is totally my fault. I changed ${platform} => $platform in this patch figuring it would be fine. I'll have a fix up in a minute.
Simple change, should fix the bustage. Are you still at a point where you can give this a try, Nick?
Attachment #288873 - Flags: review?(rhelmer)
Comment on attachment 288873 [details] [diff] [review]
fix $locale not being subbed in properly.

I think you want double-quote, single-quote prevents shell expansion:

$ blah=test
$ echo test | sed 's/${blah}/foo/'
test
$ echo test | sed "s/${blah}/foo/"
foo
Attachment #288873 - Flags: review?(rhelmer) → review-
(In reply to comment #5)
> (From update of attachment 288873 [details] [diff] [review])
> I think you want double-quote, single-quote prevents shell expansion:
> 
> $ blah=test
> $ echo test | sed 's/${blah}/foo/'
> test
> $ echo test | sed "s/${blah}/foo/"
> foo

r=rhelmer with double-quote, btw.

Attachment #288875 - Flags: review?(rhelmer) → review+
Checking in l10n/verify_l10n.sh;
/cvsroot/mozilla/testing/release/l10n/verify_l10n.sh,v  <--  verify_l10n.sh
new revision: 1.11; previous revision: 1.10
done
Comment on attachment 288886 [details] [diff] [review]
rename $locale to $l so unpack_build doesn't clobber it

looks good, r+.
Attachment #288886 - Flags: review?(nrthomas) → review+
Checking in l10n/verify_l10n.sh;
/cvsroot/mozilla/testing/release/l10n/verify_l10n.sh,v  <--  verify_l10n.sh
new revision: 1.12; previous revision: 1.11
done
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Closed: 14 years ago14 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
I checked in this fix for a problem I should have spotted in review:

     package=`basename $package`
     # this cannot be named $locale, because unpack_build will overwrite it
-    $l=`echo $package | sed -e "s/\.${platform}.*//" -e 's/.*\.//'`
+    l=`echo $package | sed -e "s/\.${platform}.*//" -e 's/.*\.//'`
     rm -rf target/*
     unpack_build $platform target $release/$package

New rev is 1.13
Heh. I was going to update with that fix just now, I ran into it too :).
Product: mozilla.org → Release Engineering
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.