Named windows for grouping areas of work




Tabbed Browser
11 years ago
3 years ago


(Reporter: sheppy, Unassigned)



Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)




11 years ago
With the advent of tabbed browsing, it seems that I find myself opening different windows to keep different categories of tabs in.  For example, I have a window full of tabs for documents I need to review, another window that has tabs for various bugs I'm working with, and another that I'm using for editing articles.

It would be extremely helpful for me if I could assign special names that would appear in the title bars of windows to help me keep track of which is which.  For example, a window full of articles I'm actively editing looks an awful lot like a window full of articles I need to review when I have time, so it would be really helpful if I could add titles like "Review These" and "Editing These" to the title bars of my Firefox windows.

Comment 1

11 years ago
Just an additional remark to expand on that: with the advent of session store, I have these windows that are always around across multiple sessions -- that makes being able to name them something that would be extra helpful, too.

Comment 2

3 years ago
A simpler enhancement request: Display the name of the tab group in the Browser window, maybe like (I'm using POSIX shell syntax with pseudo_variables)
"${document_title}${tab_group_name:+ [$tab_group_name]} - ${browser_name}"

Comment 3

3 years ago
Note: I cannot edit some attributes of this bug, but I think "importance" should be "enhancement", and maybe the summary could be made "more crispy" like ""Display name of tab group in browser window".
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.