In Seamonkey >= 1.1.6, the "View:" drop-down is empty

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

SeaMonkey
MailNews: Message Display
RESOLVED INVALID
10 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: Roland Illig, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(3 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

10 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; NetBSD i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11

The drop-down box that shows "All", "Unread", "Tags ->", ... is not shown.


Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install seamonkey>=1.1.6
2. Look at the mail window
3. See that the drop-down box labelled "View:" is empty.




Some screenshots will follow.

Using www/seamonkey from pkgsrc (http://www.pkgsrc.org/).
(Reporter)

Comment 1

10 years ago
Created attachment 295402 [details]
In seamonkey-1.1.5, it worked.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

10 years ago
Created attachment 295403 [details]
In seamonkey-1.1.7 (as well as 1.1.6), it didn't work.

Comment 3

10 years ago
It's working under Linux and OSX, so you'd need to file a bug against http://www.pkgsrc.org/. 
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
(Reporter)

Comment 4

10 years ago
Created attachment 295507 [details] [diff] [review]
changes from 1.1.5 to 1.1.6
(Reporter)

Comment 5

10 years ago
I don't think it has something to do with pkgsrc. I just built both seamonkey-1.1.5 and seamonkey-1.1.6 without all the pkgsrc patches, and they still behave differently.

Since the changes between 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 are very small (only about 400 lines), please have a look at them and tell me if there's anything that may be related to this bug. I don't know the code, so I cannot do it very well.
(Reporter)

Comment 6

10 years ago
I just tried with a newly created user account, and there it worked: All versions show the correct dropdown box.

So it certainly is related to something in my $HOME/.mozilla directory. That directory though, has a long history: It's several years old and I have imported it from the Mozilla Application Suite. I have no idea where to look first.
(Reporter)

Comment 7

10 years ago
I finally found the cause: In the file localstore.rdf, there was a line

<RDF:Description RDF:about="chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xul#searchBox" collapsed="true" />

I changed that to "false", and now it works.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.