Closed Bug 416402 Opened 12 years ago Closed 12 years ago
Deploy Win2k3 buildbot image on qm-stage-win2k3-01 and the two new DL360s
Now that we have a Win2k3 image for buildbot slaves, I'd like to get that image deployed to: or not * qm-stage-win2k3-01 * the two new DL360s that were acquired for parallel/redundant buildbot coverage on trunk. I'm not sure if these machines are even networked yet...robcee may have more info here.
(In reply to comment #0) > or not Not sure where that came from. Cut-n-paste fail.
We know of no such 360's in waiting - is there another bug that requested these? Also seems 360's are overkill for buildbot slaves - aren't most of these on mac mini's?
Hrmmm, robcee have had a few conversations where he said these machines were waiting in the wings for parallelization, although maybe they're not 360s. robcee: care to comment?
Back in November we had this discussion about cloning qm-Win2k3-01 for redundancy. I have copies of that discussion in email which I can forward. I remember Justin saying that we had two such beasts sitting around that we could use and also seem to remember that they were imaged (or at least had win2k3 installed). I thought there was a qm-win2k3-02 around but can't seem to find any record of it here. I might be able to learn more when I get back to my archives. For the record, we're using a DL360 for qm-win2k3-01 because we want a server-grade machine that can run through the test suites as fast as possible. We're going to try adding a couple of extra machines here to add some error-checking.
Can we get qm-stage-win2k3-01 imaged while we sort out the rest?
To take a clone of qm-win2k3-01, I need a downtime window to boot off a clonezilla CD. When can I do that?
(In reply to comment #6) > To take a clone of qm-win2k3-01, I need a downtime window to boot off a > clonezilla CD. When can I do that? Tree will need to be closed while that's done, as that box is tier 1. However, comment #0 sounds like there's already an image available for use?
Is it the same image as from bug 409042? If so, we have an image.
(In reply to comment #8) > Is it the same image as from bug 409042? If so, we have an image. Yes, that's the correct image.
I'm going to make a bet that I can't image a DL360 off an Mac Mini image because I bet Windows will spaz that it can't find it's boot device (different disk drivers and all). Willing to prove myself wrong though and will give it a shot.
Huh, I just assumed these were all the same hardware. If the image doesn't take then, yes, we will need some brief downtime for cloning.
Need to shuffle machines around to free up two DL360s before I can do this. Waiting no power cords though.
Any word on whether qm-stage-win2k3-01 is image-able with the existing image or not? We'll need to get downtime arranged if we need to clone qm-win2k3-01.
Waiting on HP to repair one of the DL360s. The other requires some shuffling around that hasn't yet happened. I should know by the end of this week if I need to take a new image or not.
I'm not sure where this image you're talking about is - the only reference image I know of is a VM ref image which won't work on a DL360. I need downtime to clonezilla qm-win2k3-01 unless you want a fresh install of win2k3.
mrz: I think we're having some tree closures tomorrow (Tuesday) and/or Wednesday for beta4. We might be able to find some time in there. Find us on IRC to coordinate.
reed mentioned that the tree doesn't actually close during the freeze so we'll have to schedule some downtime outside of that.
I'll push back to you to schedule a window. clonezilla is "fast" but plan for at least two hours worst case.
Assignee: mrz → rcampbell
Whiteboard: waiting on HP hardware → need outage window to clonezilla
Can we get this on the calendar for next Tuesday?
mrz: if this is still on the table, then yes, let's schedule the downtime for tomorrow, Tues. Mar. 4th. Just let me know the timing and I'll start putting the word out.
Let's do it during our normal outage window Tuesday night.
Whiteboard: need outage window to clonezilla → downtime window 03/04 @ 8pm
For anyone following alone, clonezilla is running...
Clone done, box coming back up.
I spent a couple hours trying to restore the clone image. Clonezilla wasn't able to find a drive to restore to. I'll try with one other DL360 when I can shift load. Otherwise, I think you'll end up with fresh Win2k3 installs.
Any update here? If cloning is being a PITA, I'm all for proceeding with fresh installs if it will get us what we need faster. Not ideal certainly, but at least it's only 3 machines vs. 30.
12 years ago
Waiting on the AMO RHEL5 upgrade which will free up two DL360s that I need for this. That got pushed back from last week to this week (I think). I'll have one of them built today.
qm-win2k3-02 / 10.2.73.124 Box 1/2 is up.
Can we get Visual Studio 2005 tools on both boxes, or at least get the DVD mounted when the machines come up so I can install it myself? Thanks.
qm-win2k3-03 / 10.2.73.125 Box 2/2 is up.
(In reply to comment #28) > Can we get Visual Studio 2005 tools on both boxes, or at least get the DVD > mounted when the machines come up so I can install it myself? Thanks. Dumped the CD ISO images onto both boxes.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Can I get the images dumped onto qm-stage-win2k3-01 too please?
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
Can you just copy them from one host to the others?
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Closed: 12 years ago → 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
OK, copying them over now.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Product: mozilla.org → mozilla.org Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.