Closed Bug 422692 Opened 14 years ago Closed 14 years ago
Update about:license for addition of Red Hat's xdg
_user _dir _lookup function to xpcom/io/Special System Directory .cpp
Bug 399500 added Red Hat's xdg_user_dir_lookup function to xpcom/io/SpecialSystemDirectory.cpp. It is provided by freedesktop.org under a BSD-style license which is compatible with mozilla's tri-license, but we still need to mention it in about:license. This is the text in the comment for the function: /* The following licence applies to the xdg_user_dir_lookup function: Copyright (c) 2007 Red Hat, inc Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. */
I keep forgetting we have a million different license files that have to be updated.
Component: XUL Widgets → General
Product: Toolkit → Core
QA Contact: xul.widgets → general
I just noticed the casing on the copyright, and had someone fix it upstream. It should be "Red Hat, Inc." (uppercase I,and add the dot)... Upstream source is http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/user-dirs/xdg-user-dirs/xdg-user-dir-lookup.c?revision=HEAD&content-type=text/plain&pathrev=HEAD
(In reply to comment #2) > I just noticed the casing on the copyright, and had someone fix it upstream. > It should be "Red Hat, Inc." (uppercase I,and add the dot)... Fixed downstream, too. Checking in xpcom/io/SpecialSystemDirectory.cpp; /cvsroot/mozilla/xpcom/io/SpecialSystemDirectory.cpp,v <-- SpecialSystemDirectory.cpp new revision: 1.40; previous revision: 1.39 done
Assignee: nobody → gerv
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Attachment #309934 - Flags: review?(reed)
+'ing w/ P2.
Flags: blocking1.9? → blocking1.9+
Priority: -- → P2
Comment on attachment 309934 [details] [diff] [review] Patch v.1 >+ <li><a href="about:license#xdg">xdg_user_dir_lookup License</a></li> ... >+ <h1><a name="xdg"></a>xdg_user_dir_lookup License</h1> If this is the same license that Red Hat uses for everything, why don't we just say "Red Hat, Inc. License" like we have "OpenVision License" and "University of California License"? If it turns out to be some special license, then sure, but "xdg_user_dir_lookup License" sounds very weird if it is just the normal license that Red Hat uses for everything. caillon, can you check on this, please?
Reed: unlike those other orgs, Red Hat produces software under a wide variety of licences (or so I assume). We could do the same thing as "Apple/Mozilla NPRuntime Licence" and do "Red Hat xdg_user_dir_lookup License" if you want. The problem with something like "Red Hat Permissive Licence" is that it sounds like an official licence title. Gerv
(In reply to comment #7) > Reed: unlike those other orgs, Red Hat produces software under a wide variety > of licences (or so I assume). We could do the same thing as "Apple/Mozilla > NPRuntime Licence" and do "Red Hat xdg_user_dir_lookup License" if you want. Sure, that sounds good... I just felt that "xdg_user_dir_lookup License" sounded really odd.
Comment on attachment 309934 [details] [diff] [review] Patch v.1 r-'ing based on earlier comment.
Attachment #309934 - Flags: review?(reed) → review-
Try this. Gerv
Comment on attachment 313055 [details] [diff] [review] Patch v.2 >+<hr> >+ >+ > <h1><a name="other-notices"></a>Other Required Notices</h1> Nit: Remove the extra line and ident <hr> properly. Thanks for the patch!
Attachment #313055 - Flags: review?(reed) → review+
Comment on attachment 313055 [details] [diff] [review] Patch v.2 This bug is a blocker, so approval is not required.
Checking in toolkit/content/license.html; /cvsroot/mozilla/toolkit/content/license.html,v <-- license.html new revision: 1.20; previous revision: 1.19 done Checking in xpfe/global/resources/content/license.html; /cvsroot/mozilla/xpfe/global/resources/content/license.html,v <-- license.html new revision: 1.18; previous revision: 1.17 done Checking in mail/license.html; /cvsroot/mozilla/mail/license.html,v <-- license.html new revision: 1.11; previous revision: 1.10 done Gerv
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.