Closed Bug 427353 Opened 14 years ago Closed 14 years ago

Can't show recommended add-ons and use search functions in Korean addon manager

Categories

(Toolkit :: Add-ons Manager, defect)

x86
Windows XP
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

()

VERIFIED FIXED
mozilla1.9

People

(Reporter: channy, Assigned: mossop)

References

Details

(Keywords: intl)

Attachments

(4 files, 1 obsolete file)

In the latest Firefox 3 Korean version, Addon manager don't show recommended addons and the result of search as like attached screenshots.

I tested Japanese version, but it works. There is no differences values of extensions.getAddons.search.url and extensions.getAddons.recommended.url in about:config.
Is this the same bug as bug 427304? I'm not sure, because that screenshot seems to be of you searching for an ASCII string, which should work OK.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Is this the same bug as bug 427304? I'm not sure, because that screenshot seems
> to be of you searching for an ASCII string, which should work OK.
> 

In my investigation, profileSelection.xul contained 'style="width: 30em;"' without assigning height value. To fix it, style value must be localized in profileSelection.dtd. as like createProfije.xul and createProfile.dtd.
Please ignore comment #3. I confused bug number. 
(In reply to comment #2)
> Is this the same bug as bug 427304? I'm not sure, because that screenshot seems
> to be of you searching for an ASCII string, which should work OK.
> 

It seems to be another issue. In Korean version, recommended addons is not shown. In case of searching of ASCII keyword, the number of search is shown. It means Firefox get data by search from addon server. But, its result is not shown in dialog box.
I can reproduce this with the language pack on http://l10n.mozilla.org/~buildslave/trunk/, but I have no clue what happened.

I suspected something like bug 424081, but the URL itself seems to be fine.

I see a problem in the reporterOverlay, which I blame on the Korean localization, but I doubt that has something to do with this bug.
This is an issue with how we check whether an extension in the results is compatible with the current application. We currently use the application name to compare and unfortunately AMO is returning a localised version of the name which does not match the unlocalised name in nsIXULAppInfo.

Laura, we talked about this before but apparently it never happened, can we get the application guid ({ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384} for Firefox f.e.) included in the application block?
Flags: blocking-firefox3?
Attached patch EM patch rev 1 (obsolete) — Splinter Review
From IRC, Laura will add the application <guid> element as part of the <application> block that should hopefully go live tomorrow evening. This patch switches to use it for matching.
Assignee: nobody → dtownsend
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Attachment #314098 - Flags: review?(robert.bugzilla)
Comment on attachment 314098 [details] [diff] [review]
EM patch rev 1

Forgot the tests...
Attachment #314098 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Attachment #314098 - Flags: review?(robert.bugzilla)
Depends on: fx3-l10n-ko
Blocks: fx3-l10n-ko
No longer depends on: fx3-l10n-ko
Attached patch EM patch rev 2Splinter Review
We've decided to use appID as the guid element and the schema version is updating to 1.1. This patch is fairly trivial, just also need to update the tests to match the new schema.
Attachment #314397 - Flags: review?(robert.bugzilla)
Attachment #314397 - Flags: review?(robert.bugzilla) → review+
API changes in r12071.
Comment on attachment 314397 [details] [diff] [review]
EM patch rev 2

Seeking approval to land this fix for the get add-ons pane in localised versions.

This is a very small low-impact patch that can only affect the get add-ons pane. The unit tests are there verifying that the change is doing what it is supposed to do and I have verified that AMO has been updated to match what the patch expects.
Attachment #314397 - Flags: approval1.9?
Version: unspecified → Trunk
Flags: blocking-firefox3? → blocking-firefox3+
Keywords: intl
Whiteboard: [has patch][has reviews]
Comment on attachment 314397 [details] [diff] [review]
EM patch rev 2

a1.9=beltzner
Attachment #314397 - Flags: approval1.9? → approval1.9+
Checking in toolkit/mozapps/extensions/src/nsAddonRepository.js;
/cvsroot/mozilla/toolkit/mozapps/extensions/src/nsAddonRepository.js,v  <--  nsAddonRepository.js
new revision: 1.5; previous revision: 1.4
done
Checking in toolkit/mozapps/extensions/test/unit/data/test_bug404024.xml;
/cvsroot/mozilla/toolkit/mozapps/extensions/test/unit/data/test_bug404024.xml,v  <--  test_bug404024.xml
new revision: 1.2; previous revision: 1.1
done
Checking in toolkit/mozapps/extensions/test/unit/data/test_bug417606.xml;
/cvsroot/mozilla/toolkit/mozapps/extensions/test/unit/data/test_bug417606.xml,v  <--  test_bug417606.xml
new revision: 1.2; previous revision: 1.1
done
Checking in toolkit/mozapps/extensions/test/unit/data/test_bug424262.xml;
/cvsroot/mozilla/toolkit/mozapps/extensions/test/unit/data/test_bug424262.xml,v  <--  test_bug424262.xml
new revision: 1.2; previous revision: 1.1
done
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Whiteboard: [has patch][has reviews]
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox 3
Verified fix on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ko; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008050806 Minefield/3.0pre
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
I found a problem to search addons with translated text into Korean.
In case of Foxmarks bookmark syncronizer (https://addons.mozilla.org/ko/firefox/addon/2410), it didn't show proper search result in addon manager of Firefox 3 RC1 ko version.
Well, foxmarks is only compatible with fx2, not 3, so this seems to be the right behaviour. I get the incompatible message in my en-US build, too.
Product: Firefox → Toolkit
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.