I got my automagical update to 22.214.171.124 today, and I started via the commandline on Linux; I saw: libxpt: bad magic header in input file; found '', expected 'XPCOM\nTypeLi\r\n\032' libxpt: bad magic header in input file; found '', expected 'XPCOM\nTypeLi\r\n\032' libxpt: bad magic header in input file; found '', expected 'XPCOM\nTypeLi\r\n\032' I've been starting Tb from the commandline on this machine (Ubuntu 64-bit) ever since I've had it, and never seen these errors. I'll try it with 126.96.36.199 today, and see if it has the error. I haven't seen any functionality that's broken or affected, but... depending on the xpt files that may be bad (?), it could be a lurking surprise.
Not seeing this on Tb 188.8.131.52 (which I already had downloaded); I'll try 184.108.40.206 in a moment.
I think I figured out the problem here; it looks like the last time the talkback bundles were packaged, a bunch of Mac OS attribute files were included with the drop: ./.email@example.com ./firstname.lastname@example.org/._chrome.manifest ./email@example.com/components/._qfaservices.xpt ./firstname.lastname@example.org/components/talkback/._master.ini ./email@example.com/components/talkback/._talkback.so ./firstname.lastname@example.org/components/talkback/._talkback ./email@example.com/components/talkback/._XTalkback.ad ./firstname.lastname@example.org/components/._talkback ./email@example.com/components/._libqfaservices.so ./firstname.lastname@example.org/._components If you run strings on any of these files, you'll see: Mac OS X ATTR com.apple.quarantine q/0000;47aa1bca;Minefield.app;|org.mozilla.firefox The problem here is the XPT linker is finding ./email@example.com/components/._qfaservices.xpt, but it's not an xpt file, so it's bucket of fail. Looks like those talkback bundles need to be redone to pull these files out (and these files added to removedfiles for automatic update?)
Summary: Tb 220.127.116.11 has libxpt warnings on startup → Tb 18.104.22.168 Talkback drop has extra, Mac OS files in it
Bug 403701 has some info on this.
Thanks for catching this Paul, going to test the fix on staging.
Component: General → Release Engineering
Priority: -- → P2
Product: Thunderbird → mozilla.org
QA Contact: general → release
Version: 2.0 → other
Turns out Firefox avoids this problem by having a packages-static for both windows and linux which mostly includes specific files, and where it does a * wildcard that doesn't match files beginning with ".". Thunderbird only has a packages-static for windows. :-S Anyway, I copied /builds/tinderbox/talkback-thunderbird-1.8-linux.tar.bz2 to /builds/tinderbox/old-talkback/ and fixed up the original file. Forcing a nightly to make sure it removes the files properly on an update.
From updates/last-update.log when updating from 2008061303 to 2008061305: EXECUTE REMOVE firstname.lastname@example.org EXECUTE REMOVE email@example.com/._chrome.manifest EXECUTE REMOVE firstname.lastname@example.org/._components EXECUTE REMOVE email@example.com/components/._libqfaservices.so EXECUTE REMOVE firstname.lastname@example.org/components/._qfaservices.xpt EXECUTE REMOVE email@example.com/components/._talkback EXECUTE REMOVE firstname.lastname@example.org/components/talkback/._XTalkback.ad EXECUTE REMOVE email@example.com/components/talkback/._master.ini EXECUTE REMOVE firstname.lastname@example.org/components/talkback/._talkback EXECUTE REMOVE email@example.com/components/talkback/._talkback.so So that's fine for the partial update case.
(In reply to comment #5) > Anyway, I copied > /builds/tinderbox/talkback-thunderbird-1.8-linux.tar.bz2 > to > /builds/tinderbox/old-talkback/ > and fixed up the original file. Forcing a nightly to make sure it removes the > files properly on an update. On crazyhorse, that is.
Created attachment 324951 [details] [diff] [review] Remove errant files on Linux This'll make sure we remove them for both partial and complete updates.
Attachment #324951 - Flags: review?(ted.mielczarek)
Attachment #324951 - Flags: review?(ted.mielczarek) → review+
Comment on attachment 324951 [details] [diff] [review] Remove errant files on Linux drivers, requesting approval to land this, ideally on both the 1.8 branch and the relbranch for Tb22.214.171.124. It isn't a serious bug but the fix is self-contained and low-risk.
Comment on attachment 324951 [details] [diff] [review] Remove errant files on Linux Approved for 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, a=dveditz for release-drivers Please land on both the main MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH and the current release _RELBRANCH
MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH: Checking in removed-files.in; /cvsroot/mozilla/mail/installer/removed-files.in,v <-- removed-files.in new revision: 184.108.40.206; previous revision: 220.127.116.11 done GECKO181_20080612_RELBRANCH: Checking in removed-files.in; /cvsroot/mozilla/mail/installer/removed-files.in,v <-- removed-files.in new revision: 18.104.22.168.22.1; previous revision: 22.214.171.124 done
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Product: mozilla.org → Release Engineering
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.