User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008050206 Minefield/3.0pre Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008050206 Minefield/3.0pre There's a strange issue in this site: http://isohunt.com/, while it is loading (look at the task manager, Firefox.exe mem usage suddenly jumps by 40-50 MB to over 140 MB and then suddenly drops back to normal, this mem spike causes a big swap impact (on my 256 MB RAM laptop). This is more apparent with a slower internet connection. The problem seems to happen due to the Digg This button scripts: http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js which is repeatedly called by script tags in the body of the page many times. Problem happens in safe mode as well. And with a fresh new profile. IE7 does not have this issue (but is spikes the CPU for a while). Firefox 2 works correctly as well. If I Adblock that script, (diggthis.js), the problem mostly goes away. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start Minefield on a fresh profile or in safe mode. 2. Open Task manager and look at the "firefox.exe" memory usage and VM size. 3. Go to http://isohunt.com/ on a slow internet connection and watch task manager. Actual Results: When the status bar says "Read digg.com ..." Firefox memory usage increases by 50-60 MB for some seconds and then drops back to normal. Expected Results: There is nothing on that page that would warrant this huge memory allocation, it should not behave like this.
I tried to find a regression range and went as far back as firefox 3 beta 2 and it was still there although manifesting to a lesser degree (lower spike amount).
Not to state the obvious, but this script is everywhere. This bug should probably also have the top100 and top500 keywords added. (for digg.com and isohunt.com, respectively) I don't get enough of a hit from this to ask for blocking of RC1, but I'd guess this is probably a good candidate for a blocker of the final release.
don't see this with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3pre) Gecko/20081222 Shiretoko/3.1b3pre
I can no longer see this happening at the original URL although viewing the source of the page shows that the diggthis.js script is no longer present. So I can't really say that this bug is gone. I tried the page with latest trunk and with both jits enabled: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20081227 Minefield/3.2a1pre
incomplete without testcase