Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008050221 Firefox/3.0pre Steps to reproduce: -> Install the BioTech Extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4473 -> Open the BioTech Sidebar -> Restart Firefox -> Check the Error Console --> JS Error Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWebNavigation.sessionHistory]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml :: :: line 644" data: no] Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml Line: 650 Does not happen without this Extension
Author has been contacted.
I am unable to test this bug currently, as I do not own or have access to a Mac system. Is there anyone else who can confirm this and/or give more details so I can try and find out what is wrong here? Thanks!
Kevin, so it doesn't occur on Windows?
I have not tested the latest version on Windows, but the system I've developed it on, Ubuntu, has worked fine. I have a Windows system around I will test it on and will make changes for things that may not work. Did it work until the update?(around the time right before FF3 got released) I changed a line or two because something broke in Firefox 3.0. I'm planning on making a few changes and add/remove some features in the future when I get some time to work on it.
Just tested (and updated the extension maxversion # too past the FF3 beta to FF3 Final) and found no problems on my Windows XP system.
OS: Mac OS X → All
Hardware: PC → All
Thanks for the lead, I will look into it shortly, then.
I can confirm the error on my XP machine with strict on. The error does not seem to hinder the working of the extension, which is good or else it would be more critical. I can not figure out why that line of code, which is not even in the code I wrote for the extension, is giving an error about giving an error. I will try to rewrite some parts in the near future and hope that will make the bug go away, but until then, I am not sure what I could do to fix the error. If anyone else is watching this and might know more about Firefox's internal code structure, I'd like a comment. I will post if I find more about this.
I can confirm with a different extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7598) on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1
What's interesting is that this is triggered for me every time I open my sidebar.
Whoever it seems to have gone away after I installed the Extension Developer's extension and turned on the debugging prefs. I can't reproduce it any more :(. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1
unless it becomes a problem then, I'll consider this one resolved.
Closing as invalid, no firefox bug also per comment #12 fixed in the Add-on
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Component: Add-ons → Administration
QA Contact: add-ons → administration
Product: addons.mozilla.org → addons.mozilla.org Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.