hi Randell, what build id did you see this problem with? and could you pls provide the steps you took to encounter this bug? thx!
qawanted, need anyone with freeBSD. Need clearer reproduction steps also...might just be the old "OK button doesn't work" problem.
Thanks for the clearer steps; I'm now able to determine that this is a dup of bug 36504, per my comment near the end of that bug. This really happens after you go to the Fonts category and then just switch to any other category (you don't have to change another pref as you mentioned)...thus, it's 36504. *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 36504 ***
actually, reopening. see my comments in bug 36504 for explanation
Randell, thx for the steps! in fact, it could be further simplified to: 1. open Preferences dialog. 2. select Fonts category. 3. go to any other category. 4. try to click OK to save and dismiss prefs. result: cannot save and dismiss prefs. i've clarified the summary a bit. a very annoying regression, indeed --nominating for beta2.
Putting on [nsbeta2+] radar for beta2 fix.
Matt, is this our bug?
bumping up sev. being unable to save prefs is bad.
*** Bug 43845 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 44411 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 44674 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 37897 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This looks like it is a pretty old bug that never got dupped. http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37897 is the dup of this bug and was first noticed 5/02/00 I'm not really sure if this ever worked actually. What I can see is happening is that saveFontPrefs() gets set when you open the fonts pane. Then parent.hPrefWindow.wsm.dataManager.pageData["chrome://pref/content/pref-fonts.xu l"] = GetFields(); should get set. Then you switch to another pane and hit ok and saveFontPrefs() gets called but parent.hPrefWindow.wsm.dataManager.pageData["chrome://pref/content/pref-fonts.xu l"] looks the object. Thus we get this error.
Is this only a problem for the Fonts preference? Answer seems to be yes. Do we have a fix waiting to be checking in or 90% done. Answer seems to be no. With those answers, I think would we be willing to ship beta2 if the fonts prefs did not working. I'm thinking we could release note it and ship it, so yes we might ship beta2 with this bug. Matt, can you answer those 2 questions? IF the answers are what I suspect, I will recommend that we release note it and fix it for beta3 - aka remove the nsbeta2+.
>Is this only a problem for the Fonts preference? >Answer seems to be yes. You are correct my friend. >Do we have a fix waiting to be checking in or 90% done. Answer seems to be no. We have a fix in hand waiting for the tree to be nice and green. For you John...I will kill this bug tomorrow.
changing chrome url for this url to get stored. fixed
*** Bug 45434 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
vrfy fixed using comm bits 2000.07.17.08 on winnt and linux. unable to test with mac commercialor mozilla bits, as they crash on startup (http://bugscape.mcom.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1465 for comm bits).
hokay, i worked around my crasher on the mac, and was able to vrfy this using today's moz bits...