If you think a bug might affect users in the 57 release, please set the correct tracking and status flags for Release Management.

Running application.ini for the first time without a profile causes a couldn't parse error.

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 386826

Status

Toolkit Graveyard
XULRunner
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 386826
10 years ago
2 years ago

People

(Reporter: Jayden, Unassigned)

Tracking

Details

Attachments

(2 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

10 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5
Build Identifier: 2008030609

I've created a very basic xul application and on first run with no profile I always get "Error: couldn't parse application.ini".  After that error it has created a Profile for the application and if I run it again it works fine.  If in the profile I delete the compatibility.ini file and run the application I get the same "Error: couldn't parse application.ini".  I have been running everything from my desktop so the paths in files have contained spaces but I've also tested running the application from different directory locations (ones without spaces) and still get the same results.  For myself the error the first time isn't a big deal but if I were to release the application I would prefer it to not blowup the first time it is run.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run xulrunner application.ini
2. It will cause the error and partially create the profile folder named Test for the application.
3. Run the application again and it should work fine.
4. Delete the compatibility.ini file in the Test/Profiles/xxxxxx.default folder.
5. Run the application again and it should cause the same error.
Actual Results:  
It seems like the application it creating the profile and then something blows up which causes this error.

Expected Results:  
I would expect it to create the profile correctly first run and then load up fine.

I've tried to find something that could help me figure out the problem but I have been unsuccessful.

I created this application by reading http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Getting_started_with_XULRunner so I don't think I have anything incorrect in my code.
(Reporter)

Comment 1

10 years ago
Created attachment 320015 [details]
The very basic application I've created
(Reporter)

Comment 2

10 years ago
Created attachment 320016 [details]
The profile folder that gets created on first run when the error occurs

Comment 3

10 years ago
This is probably bug 386826. Please confirm and mark the duplicate if so.
(Reporter)

Comment 4

10 years ago
This does seem to be the same as bug 386826.  In my case I haven't installed my application into xulrunner.  I am just running it from the command line and have put the xulrunner folder into my env path in xp so calling it is easier.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 386826
(Assignee)

Updated

2 years ago
Product: Toolkit → Toolkit Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.