Find Updates says "No Updates Found", but my extension has been updated

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

()

--
major
RESOLVED INVALID
10 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: davesteinb, Unassigned)

Tracking

({regression})

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

10 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0

This just reeks of "user error", but I've reviewed everything 10 times over and it doesn't make sense. The issue regards a simple extension update in FF3 (please note that I have released 4 version updates successfully before this one):

My old add-on (2.03) was not compatible with FF3.
So I created a new version (2.04) that includes FF3 as the max version in the install.rdf and updated the version tags to 2.04 in the install.rdf and update.rdf.
When searching for updates in FF2, it finds the new version no problem.
When searching for updates in FF3, it says no updates found.
Below is what I changed for the new version,I did not change the GUID or anything else:

install.rdf
em:minVersion="1.5"
em:maxVersion="3.0.*"
em:version="2.04"

update.rdf:
<minVersion>1.5</minVersion>
<maxVersion>3.0.*</maxVersion>
<version>2.04</version>

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install my old toolbar: https://www.bringtheporn.com/download/btpToolbar.v203.xpi
2. Check for updates in FF2 (it will work... dont update though)
3. Check for updates in FF3 (it doesn't find any updates)
Actual Results:  
No updates are found in FF3 but are found in FF2.

Expected Results:  
It should of found new updates.

Updated

10 years ago
Component: Extension Compatibility → Extension/Theme Manager
Keywords: regression
QA Contact: extension.compatibility → extension.manager
Summary: Find Updates > No Updates Found > Not True → Find Updates says "No Updates Found", but my extension has been updated
enable extensions.logging.enabled and check for updates and look in the error console. Chances are you aren't complying with the new security restrictions which require the updated xpi to be on a https url or an updateHash provided for it.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Extension_Versioning,_Update_and_Compatibility#Securing_Updates
RDFItemUpdater:_parseV20Update: Update for {5355be22-20f5-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66} at http://www.bringtheporn.com/download/btpToolbar.xpi ignored because it is insecure. updateLink  must be a https url or an updateHash must be specified.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

10 years ago
I seemed to of missed that in the update notes... thanks for your help.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
(Assignee)

Updated

10 years ago
Product: Firefox → Toolkit
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.