Closed Bug 454115 Opened 12 years ago Closed 10 years ago doesn't use patch-if for extensions/ & searchplugins/ on Mac


(Release Engineering :: General, defect, P2, minor)



(Not tracked)



(Reporter: nthomas, Assigned: coop)



(1 file)

I noticed while doing some testing for bug 414560, that the update manifest for a partial update is different when generated by, only on the mac though. Here's a diff between what patcher2 generates (slow mode), and what (fast) gives:

< patch-if "Contents/MacOS/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}" "Contents/MacOS/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}/install.rdf.patch" "Contents
> patch "Contents/MacOS/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}/install.rdf.patch" "Contents/MacOS/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}/install.rdf"
ie slow mode is uses patch-if and fast isn't. (historical note: we use patch-if for stuff in extensions/ because DOMi and Talkback used to be optional installs on Windows, so the updater had to have some concept of "patch this if it's present, otherwise carry on").

This is a mac only "problem" because the fast mode using
  if filename.startswith("extensions/"):
while on Mac it begins Contents/MacOS/extensions/...
Same for searchplugins, the code is at
Summary: doesn't use patch-if for extensions/ on Mac → doesn't use patch-if for extensions/ & searchplugins/ on Mac
Component: Release Engineering → Release Engineering: Future
Priority: -- → P3
Assignee: nobody → ccooper
Component: Release Engineering: Future → Release Engineering
Priority: P3 → P2
It looks like the add-if was susceptible to this too, so I fixed it up as well.
Attachment #416978 - Flags: review?(nrthomas)
Attachment #416978 - Flags: review?(nrthomas) → review+
Comment on attachment 416978 [details] [diff] [review]
Use patch-if on Mac extensions/ and searchplugins/
Attachment #416978 - Flags: checked-in+
Checking in;
/cvsroot/mozilla/tools/update-packaging/,v  <--
new revision: 1.12; previous revision: 1.11

Holding off on landing to 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 pending kick-off of 3.0.17 and 3.5.7.
That's OK, this won't get picked up in releases until we do a new UPDATE_PACKAING_Rn tag in CVS.
Product: → Release Engineering
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.