Google calendar will not load.

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

RESOLVED INVALID
10 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: milton, Unassigned)

Tracking

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

10 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.18pre) Gecko/20080917 Sunbird/0.9

Attempt to load remote Google calendar after installing 'Provider for Google Calendar' extension fails.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select 'New Calendar' or press Ctrl-L
2. Select 'On the network'
3. Click 'Next >'
4. Select 'Google Calendar'
5. Enter "http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dorsheiemetcalendar@gmail.com" in Location: box.
6. Click 'Next >'
Actual Results:  
Dialogue box titled "An error has occurred" pops up with the message

An error was encountered preparing the calendar located at http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dorsheiemetcalendar@gmail.com for use. It will not be available.

After clicking the Details... button the following is displayed

Error number: 0x80004005
Description: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005
             (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [calICalendar.uri]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 
             (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: 
             file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Sunbird/components/calItemModule.js -> 
             file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Sunbird/js/calCalendarManager.js :: 
             cmgr_createCalendar :: line 536"  data: no]

Expected Results:  
Being able to load the calendar.
The URL looks incorrect. Please ensure that you are copying the correct XML link provided by Google Calendar.
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:GDATA_Provider#Accessing_your_Calendar>
(Reporter)

Comment 2

10 years ago
Thank you for the quick response.
I was unable to find the information about extract the 'private' URL.
The URL I used was the one I got to view the calendar.

I have experimented with the information and found that I can load my calendar, or at least one that I have the password for. However, what I was after was to retrieve the calendar of an organization I am involved with so I do not have to specifically go to the Google site.

So, it seems that this is not a bug. For lack of a means of removing it I have changed the status to RESOLVED INVALID.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.