Swap out content of "Customize" text block on Firefox first-run page for Fashion Your Firefox collection

VERIFIED FIXED

Status

VERIFIED FIXED
10 years ago
6 years ago

People

(Reporter: drolnitzky, Assigned: sgarrity)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

Attachments

(2 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

10 years ago
Created attachment 347685 [details]
First-run page link and content swap

This will take the place of the current customize column on the Firefox first run page (which leads to the Firefox 3 launch partner page).

This should link to the Fashion Your Firefox homepage here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/interactive/

Looking for pkim/jslater content approval.

Attached jpg to the bug.  PSD will be posted shortly.
(Reporter)

Comment 1

10 years ago
Side note -- the headline "Fashion Your Fox" will be changed to "Fashion Your Firefox" per the correct title name.  Update will be in the PSD.
Created attachment 347702 [details]
Horrible user experience screenshot

The user experience here is horrible... I click the AMO link mentioned in comment #0, and I'm presented with a "User Login" page wanting my AMO credentials. The page also has several obvious graphical problems that make it look bad. See the attached screenshot. This is only going to confuse users.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Created an attachment (id=347702) [details]
> Horrible user experience screenshot
> 
> The user experience here is horrible... I click the AMO link mentioned in
> comment #0, and I'm presented with a "User Login" page wanting my AMO
> credentials. The page also has several obvious graphical problems that make it
> look bad. See the attached screenshot. This is only going to confuse users.

You're using Minefield, right?  That doesn't happen for me using 3.0.3; in addition to not appearing to be a webdev regression, it happens using Minefield on https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ on my Mac OS X 10.4, so that isn't even specific to Bandwagon...
(Reporter)

Comment 4

10 years ago
(In reply to comment #2)
> Created an attachment (id=347702) [details]
> Horrible user experience screenshot
> 
> The user experience here is horrible... I click the AMO link mentioned in
> comment #0, and I'm presented with a "User Login" page wanting my AMO
> credentials. The page also has several obvious graphical problems that make it
> look bad. See the attached screenshot. This is only going to confuse users.

Reed -- thanks for the comments, but the login credentials as well as the top nav bar will not be present in the final product.  If you are interseted, check out the open bugs under add-ons and in the bandwagon component.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

10 years ago
PSD of the updated content on the Firefox first-run found here:

http://giantspatula.com/FYF/PSD/Fashion_Firefox_Firefox_Firstrun.psd

Comment 6

10 years ago
a=jslater

Looks good!
(Reporter)

Comment 7

10 years ago
Hi Steven -- can you help with this one sometime this week?
Assignee: nobody → steven
(Assignee)

Comment 8

10 years ago
Yup - will work on this tues or wed.
(Assignee)

Comment 9

10 years ago
This is committed to trunk in r20111. Synced to stage - ready for production. Here are the files affected:

en-US/firefox/3.0.4/firstrun/index.html
img/tignish/firstrun/customize-bottom.png
style/tignish/firstrun-page.css
(Reporter)

Comment 10

10 years ago
Thanks Steven.  Looks great.  

One change though -- the link needs to go to the following:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fashionyourfirefox/

(right now it's going to the /customize page).
(Assignee)

Comment 11

10 years ago
(In reply to comment #10)
> One change though -- the link needs to go to the following:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fashionyourfirefox/

Ah, of course. Fixed in r20116 (also pushed to stage - just part of the firstrun/index.html file).

Comment 12

10 years ago
a=jslater
(In reply to comment #2)
> Created an attachment (id=347702) [details]
> Horrible user experience screenshot
> 
> The user experience here is horrible... I click the AMO link mentioned in
> comment #0, and I'm presented with a "User Login" page wanting my AMO
> credentials. The page also has several obvious graphical problems that make it
> look bad. See the attached screenshot. This is only going to confuse users.

I'm getting the same in Minefield, but this should be another bug.  Does one exist or should we open one?
(Reporter)

Comment 14

10 years ago
Please file a separate bug.  Thanks.
AMO issues now at Bug 466047

Comment 16

10 years ago
Re: comment #9 and #11...I just pushed these files live. Sorry about the delay.
(Reporter)

Comment 17

10 years ago
The "customize now" link is linking to the old page (and not the new one).  It needs to be changed to link to the Fashion Your Firefox collection here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fashionyourfirefox/
(Assignee)

Comment 18

10 years ago
(In reply to comment #17)
> The "customize now" link is linking to the old page (and not the new one).  It
> needs to be changed to link to the Fashion Your Firefox collection here:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fashionyourfirefox/

David, it looks like this change is already done in trunk and stage - just needs to be pushed to production.

Comment 19

10 years ago
(In reply to comment #18) 
> David, it looks like this change is already done in trunk and stage - just
> needs to be pushed to production.
Hey Steven...sorry to be dense here, but what's the file called? I'm not seeing it. Just let me know and I'll push it live.

Thanks!
(Assignee)

Comment 20

10 years ago
(In reply to comment #19)
> Hey Steven...sorry to be dense here, but what's the file called? I'm not seeing
> it. Just let me know and I'll push it live.

It turns out the density is on my side - this was actually fixed for the "no-javascript" version, but not the primary link. It is fixed now (r20387). You can push the following file to production:

en-US/firefox/3.0.4/firstrun/index.html

Comment 21

10 years ago
Ah, it's nice to hear that I'm not completely clueless! I just pushed the file live thru Kubla...link should be updated on the site in a few minutes.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Component: www.mozilla.org/firefox → www.mozilla.org
Product: Websites → Websites
Component: www.mozilla.org → General
Product: Websites → www.mozilla.org
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.