Status

()

Firefox
General
VERIFIED INCOMPLETE
10 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: rob, Unassigned)

Tracking

3.0 Branch
x86
Windows XP
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

10 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

when i close it cause it hangs up on itself, i can't just restart it without having to go into the task list and actually have to end the process.  Everytime I close IE explorere, or Flock, they just close. and I can start a new window again.  But when I close fire fox, i CANT just open a new window, because it says firefox is alreay running, yet nothing happens til I have to go into the damn task list and actually end the god damn program, this is a major bug.  How come you can't just close firefox and thats the end, why must I continue to go in and have to end the process, im sure you guys have better brains than that, this is just a 5th grade problem, so solve it.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.just lauch your software
2.then close it and try to open a new firefox browser
3.have to go to task list to end process before I can open a new browser.
Actual Results:  
have to go to the task list to end the god damn process, youre the only browser that does this.

Expected Results:  
it **** stops.

just close and allow me without having to go into the task list to actually end the process. Your the only broswer with this **** up in it.

Comment 1

10 years ago
Hi,

Obviously, this isn't a problem for the vast majority of people, and it probably is because either your firefox installation or your computer are misconfigured.

Try looking at the support website (http://support.mozilla.com/) or the support forums or live chat (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Ask+a+question) to get this resolved.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE

Comment 2

10 years ago
See
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+hangs#Hang_at_exit> for more
information.

It's probably caused by one of your extensions. You can verify that by starting
up in Safe Mode, see
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Troubleshooting+extensions+and+themes>
(Reporter)

Comment 3

10 years ago
Was fine until i loaded up your latest version, sounds like a "pass the buck" solutions to your no solution response.(In reply to comment #1)
> Hi,
> 
> Obviously, this isn't a problem for the vast majority of people, and it
> probably is because either your firefox installation or your computer are
> misconfigured.
> 
> Try looking at the support website (http://support.mozilla.com/) or the support
> forums or live chat (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Ask+a+question) to get
> this resolved.

Wasn't a problem either to me until i loaded up the newer version, sounds like a "pass the buck" response to me.
Status: RESOLVED → UNCONFIRMED
Resolution: INCOMPLETE → ---
(Reporter)

Comment 4

10 years ago
Thanks for at least suggesting a course of action. 


(In reply to comment #2)
> See
> <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+hangs#Hang_at_exit> for more
> information.
> 
> It's probably caused by one of your extensions. You can verify that by starting
> up in Safe Mode, see
> <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Troubleshooting+extensions+and+themes>

Comment 5

10 years ago
You are getting a "Another Firefox process is already running issue", right? It is probably an extension, which yes, we pass the buck on, because someone else developes those, and we can't fix it for them. You can read http://quality.mozilla.org/bug-writing-guidelines for more info on how to make a helpful bug report which actually provides useful information.
Severity: major → normal
Component: Session Restore → General
QA Contact: session.restore → general
Hardware: Other → x86
Version: unspecified → 3.0 Branch
(Reporter)

Comment 6

10 years ago
(In reply to comment #5)
> You are getting a "Another Firefox process is already running issue", right? It
> is probably an extension, which yes, we pass the buck on, because someone else
> developes those, and we can't fix it for them. You can read
> http://quality.mozilla.org/bug-writing-guidelines for more info on how to make
> a helpful bug report which actually provides useful information.

I just started using another browser, just easier.

Comment 7

10 years ago
Well, if you do not help, this bug will die.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago10 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
(Reporter)

Comment 8

10 years ago
(In reply to comment #7)
> Well, if you do not help, this bug will die.


Im sure that's exactly your organizations aim is, to make the consumer go somewhere else.
Status: RESOLVED → UNCONFIRMED
Resolution: INCOMPLETE → ---

Comment 9

10 years ago
This is not a support forum, this is  a technical bug reporting database for the developers. If you are no longer using Firefox, you can not reproduce the issue, and so we have no way to get the diagnostic steps necessary to reproduce this. This bug will be left as incomplete, unless you or some else will come and reproduce this and assist in diagnosing what this issue is.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago10 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.