http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/mailnews/news/src/nsNNTPNewsgroupList.cpp# 921 should be changed to: "Downloading %d of %d headers."
future per mail triage (to get this off our radar) for ns release Since there is a patch, please go through the Mozilla review/approval process. sspitzer is on sabbatical. Should be back next week.
Fixing up subjetc to match diff
Is there a UE spec here? I'm pretty ignorant of such things, and a techie anyway (who uses jargon), but why is "Downloaded" better than "Received"? /be
I don't think there is a spec. I'll just cc: jglick for her UE feedback.
There is no UE spec on this. Cc'ing Robin Foster from Tech Pubs to see if she has a preference. Either "Downloaded" or "Received" works for me.
I prefer "downloaded", since it's consistent with the "download" terminology that we use elsewhere (folder properties, for example, has "download" options).
If we agree on "Downloaded" could someone please check this one in...?
Ccing putterman, can you help Henrik for check this one in...?
Trying out my checkin guru...
fix checked in
You're my (patch)man!
Sorry to ask this question now, but I was out sick the last few days. Did you only change news? I don't know what the rest of mailnews says, but it would seem wrong to only have news say Downloaded and to have Pop and Imap say Received. I did a quick search and it looks like every place is saying "Received". So we basically created an inconsistency by checking this in when there really wasn't that big of a problem in the first place. Also, this isn't your fault since you just changed the code that was there, but this string is clearly not localizable. The other thing is that Brendan gave approval for Mozilla, but who gave approval from the mailnews module? I see that r=gemal in the checkin which isn't a legitimate review given that he wrote the code! I've seen this happen a few times in the past and haven't brought it up, but you really need to get approval from one of the mailnews module owners before checking in and you also need to get a review from the person whose code you are making changes to. I recognize that this was hard given that Seth was out and that I was sick and nobody probably noticed your patch, but it still needs to be done.
I think the wrong diff patch went in... It now says "Downloading %d of %d headers." when it should be (like in patch 2) "Downloaded %d of %d headers."
accepting this bug. I'll start with gemal's patch, but it needs to be made localizable. this is very similar to bug #47830. gemal, see my fix for that if you are interested in fixing this bug.
Mass moving all NEWS bugs from esther to myself.
I've finally done the work to fix this and make it i18n friendly. I'll post the patch in a few minutes for review.
note I checked in a slightly different patch. bienvenu reviewed it before I checked it in.
Okay, it now says, "Downloading 2400 of 2400 headers". Mac 2000122105, Linux 122108 and Win2K, 2000122105. VERIFIED FIXED.