Check out the latest thunderbird trunk code and build it with venkman extension, The venkman doesn't work with TB trunk code. The root cause is that the TB version defined in install.rdf is 3.0 while the TB version in the trunk is 3.1a1pre.
Created attachment 362553 [details] [diff] [review] patch
It's not going to be that simple. There's other problems with Venkman on 1.9.1 code right now - I tried it with Verbosio, using the Toolkit 1.9.1 target. It blew up in my face, crashing pretty early.
Comment on attachment 362553 [details] [diff] [review] patch I'm not Venkman module owner or peer. /be
Comment on attachment 362553 [details] [diff] [review] patch Per comment #2, it's not that simple. Additionally, 3.1.* isn't a valid app version for Thunderbird on AMO (the current one isn't either, but it doesn't help much to change that).
I tried that on my TB build (latest trunk), Venkman works well after changing the install.rdf. So I think we can update the install.rdf first and file separated bugs against venkman if needed.
Fixed by bug 576869