DDE links don't operate with Firefox 3.1, but they do with Firefox 2.4.2

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 491947

Status

()

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 491947
10 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: gwmc7e, Unassigned)

Tracking

3.0 Branch
x86
Windows XP
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

10 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Build Identifier: 

I installed Firefox 3.1. I opened files containing DDE links to  an online stock quote website and the links proved unavailable. I clicked edit, links and attempted to update one by one but they won't update. I uninstalled 3.1 and went back to 2.4.2 and they worked like a charm.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.I opened files that had previously saved DDE links and they failed to operate.
2.I closed openoffice and reopened files and had same failure.
3.I tried recreating new files with DDE links and they failed.
Actual Results:  
Uninstalling 3.1 and reinstalling 2.4 fixed the issue for me.

Expected Results:  
Obvious bug

Other relevant information includes the fact that when I moved around a large number of inoperable DDE cells, application crashed over and over. While using 2.4, moving the same amount of data leads to no crash. To me that means that while the 3.1 cells weren't producing results, they were unstable enough to lead to crash.
see also bug 491947
Component: General → Shell Integration
QA Contact: general → shell.integration

Updated

8 years ago
Version: unspecified → 3.0 Branch
DDE is no longer used for shell integration
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 491947
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.