User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; it; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 Build Identifier: Alice Wyman has reported https://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=it&comments_parentId=376978&forumId=3 that the article https://support.mozilla.com/it/kb/Changing+the+e-mail+program+used+by+Firefox?bl=n has broken internal links. I tried to de-linkify the email address email@example.com writing it as examples @ examples.net and the problem does not occur anymore. It sounds like one of the last updates of the platform is responsible of this behaviour, yet it's hard for me to tell which one. If I remember well, this is the only article to have an email address. Reproducible: Always
Probably a side affect of bug 436105. I'll do a query on articles that have an email address.
Looking at <https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+35+article+tracker>, the "Changing the e-mail program used by Firefox" is the only one that had this problem, because the email address was in the summary. The workaround is to use the np-parse (~np~) tag. Old: firstname.lastname@example.org__ New: email@example.com~/np~__ Leaving this open, so we can get a fix, rather than asking contributors to workaround it.
The internal links in http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Changing+the+e-mail+program+used+by+Firefox are still broken. So are links to the article itself, created by entering "((Changing the e-mail program used by Firefox))" in forum threads or in other KB articles, as I previously reported in the Contributors forum topic linked above. Also, the problem is NOT shown in the staging copy, http://support.mozilla.com/kb/%2AChanging+the+e-mail+program+used+by+Firefox even though the content is the same.
The fact that it doesn't show up on the staging copy is really interesting. I wonder this is being caused by a translation of the article that is not yet approved for the KB.
Re-syncing the staging copy with the KB version by making an edit, but not really editing any content, fixed it. I did notice that the German version was created the day before comment 3.
The problem is back again. See my reply in the Contributor's forum thread (I've included a screenshot): http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=3&comments_parentId=376978
The workaround in comment 2 no longer works?
From what I can tell, the workaround works, but issue is re-introduced by something other than tikiwiki markup (search indexing?). So if we edit the page with that workaround, the problem appears fixed. But after a certain amount of time, the problem comes back, without the article having been edited.
-->KB Software Just going through open article bugs.
I haven't seen the issue since my July 20 2009 edit to work around the bug by moving "firstname.lastname@example.org" further down in the opening paragraph (to get it out of the "summary" area).
We have special summeries now, but it shouldn't be an issue anyway, please reopen if it still happens.
I just removed the <nowiki> tag from the email address in <https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Changing%20the%20e-mail%20program%20used%20by%20Firefox> and everything seems fine. -->Verified