Apparently addons.mozilla.org is behind all our other sites and is still running PHP 5.1. Khan is running 5.2.9. I don't know what preview.amo is running. We should upgrade preview.amo, get QA to sign off, and then upgrade production. If the timeline works out we can upgrade with the 5.0.8 push next week, but I'm filing this separately so they can progress independently of each other. Stephend: what is the timeline looking like for you? IT: What is preview.amo running and what does your timeline look like?
Bump for the questions at the bottom of comment 0. We're going to be writing code that will only run on PHP 5.2 for the 5.0.9 milestone (launch around 3 weeks away) so this needs to happen between now and then. Perhaps next week?
I think that'll work - we have some server side changes we want to do to and doing them all at the same time might make sense.
Right now preview and production are on the same set of boxes, so upgrading one will upgrade the other. remora.stage, however, is running php 5.2.
How would you like to do this?
(In reply to comment #3) > Right now preview and production are on the same set of boxes, so upgrading one > will upgrade the other. remora.stage, however, is running php 5.2. I don't think any remora.stage boxes are still alive. So, at this point our dev boxes (khan) have been running 5.2 but nothing in production has. You're saying we can't upgrade preview without upgrading production, right? If that's the case we should setup a new install somewhere on php 5.2 so QA can sign off on it. :-/
Running on php 5.2: https://addons-php5.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Thanks oremj. QA - can you have a look at that? We've been developing on 5.2 for a long time on khan so I'm pretty confident in it but would like your sign off before updating production.
Does this instance have the Remora tests running? I'll take a look at this today.
(In reply to comment #6) > Running on php 5.2: > https://addons-php5.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ This is setup differently than production. Logging in takes me to: /en-US/firefox/en#45;US/firefox/ Also, https://addons-php5.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/tests is blank. I think setting DEV to true and commenting out SITE_STATE will help here and let anyone get to the tests.
I just copied the config over from preview and changed the directory/url definitions. I commented out SITE_STATE and added DEV to config-local.
https://addons-php5.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/tests is still blank for me; the login redirect now works properly, though; thanks!
(In reply to comment #11) > https://addons-php5.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/tests is still blank for > me; the login redirect now works properly, though; thanks! Maybe bug 486421
QA: We're planning on launching this next Thursday but are holding off landing a bug due to the PHP requirement. It would also be good to do this before you start your QA run against 5.0.9 (which is code freezing today).
(In reply to comment #13) > QA: We're planning on launching this next Thursday but are holding off landing > a bug due to the PHP requirement. It would also be good to do this before you > start your QA run against 5.0.9 (which is code freezing today). a=stephend on behalf of the rest of mozwebqa (I've done the brunt of the testing, which included password reset, account creation, and running all Selenium tests http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/addons/trunk/site/app/tests/, which passed).
thanks Stephen. IT: can we get this on preview ASAP for 5.0.9 testing? thanks
I've limited preview to one machine and upgraded to php5.2.9.
Want to upgrade production tonight?
Works for me
Yes, verified FIXED by looking at the headers.