User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11pre) Gecko/20090913 Shredder/3.0b4pre Disclaimer: I realize that this might not be a universal thing, so I am just using this opportunity to display how the Wizrd does not work for me. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start the automatic mail account setup wizard. 2. Fill in the name, the email, the pw. Tick to remember the pw. 3. The wizard will go to work. 4. It will establish the incoming server, however fails to establish the correct username or the correct port for the SMTP (only port 1025 is allowed in my case). 5. So after having waited a while for it to chew on the outgoing, I finally click Stop and proceed to "Editing config". :)) 6. So I fix the username and the outgoing and hit Re-test Configuration. Actual Results: It seems to stay on an eternal quest for looking up my account settings even though I had handpicked those. So I just hit Stop and Cancel. Expected Results: I would have at least expected it to be able to verify the settings that I had entered manually. Also, what is that status message down there (take a look at the screenshot)?
Sounds like something needs to happen, if it's confirmed. Blake, can you throw in your 2 cents?
I've seen something like that while exploring bug 515371, and yeah, we need to handle the less-happy-path cases in the autoconfig a little better. But at least it's got no l10n impact. :) Thanks, Blake.
I'm going to grant blocking on a pessimistic understanding of the bug. If it turns out hard to fix and not affecting that many users, it may have to wait until 3.next.
When I try to reproduce it, I see a bunch of error messages like this: incominghostdetector ERROR curTry undefined, _tryIndex is 6 so it looks like this is a symptom of a larger problem.
This looks like the same problem we were seeing in comment #8 of bug 490430, and after applying the patches in that bug, I can no longer reproduce this problem.