User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; it-IT; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20090909 Fedora/3.5.3-1.fc11 Firefox/3.5.3 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; it-IT; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20090814 Fedora/3.0-2.6.b3.fc11 Lightning/1.0pre Thunderbird/3.0b3 After upgrading to Tunderbird 3.0b3: - no messages are downloaded at startup of tb - nothing happens when I click the button "Download new messages" - nothing happens when I click "Download all new messages" in the button's dropdown - nothing happens when I click on any individual email account in the button's dropdown So all my new incoming mails are sitting in their respective servers (I use some 12-15 accounts, so tb is extremely usefule in order to concentrate all of them...), so I would need to open 12-15 webmail pages to see them.... Debugging with "thunderbird --debug" doesn't help either, because no event at all is fired when I click the above buttons/menu items, so I just don't know how I can help in fixing this, but please just let me know and I'll do. Thanks Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Start thunderbird 2.Click "Download new messages", or "Download all new messages" 3.<nothing happens at all, even in the debugger!!> Actual Results: nothing at all! Expected Results: tb should have connected to each mail account's server and downloaded all new incoming messages This is definitely a regression in tb3, because never happened before the upgrade.
Are you suing POP or Imap ? Nothing in /var/message/log that could show what the issue might be ? Is IPV6 enabled on your machine ? What version of Tb were you updating from ?
Version: unspecified → 3.0
Hi, all my 15 accounts are POP3(s). I was upgrading from 22.214.171.124. But I've found the problem: I've opened back my mail with thunderbird 126.96.36.199, and the same happened: no messages were downloaded in any way. But going to Account Settings, then the "Server Settings" page for each account, and then clicking on "Advanced" I've noticed that the "Include this server when getting new mail" checkbox was unchecked! And this was true for all of my 15 accounts! I did not modify that setting, *definitely*! --> So it was thunderbird 3.0b3 which for some reason (a regression?) unchecked the "Include this server when getting new mail" checkbox in my place, screwing up my profile that way! Please check and confirm somehow it's solved, then I'll try upgrading again! Thanks!
Summary: Tunderbird 3.0b3 doesn't download any message, no way!! → Thunderbird 3.0b3 doesn't download any message, no way!!
Whiteboard: [223 Migration]
Summary: Thunderbird 3.0b3 doesn't download any message, no way!! → Thunderbird 3.0b3 doesn't download any message after upgrade from TB2
Whiteboard: [223 Migration] → [no l10n impact][223 Migration]
ludo, can you take this on?
Assignee: nobody → ludovic
Sure - I've tagged migration issues with [223 Migration] so they are easy to find. With one pop account - this is wfm from 188.8.131.52 to 3.0b4. With two pop accounts it also worked for me. I was trying from windows XP. So I have a few questions for adaca : Do you use the global inbox ? Are your password for you 15 accounts saved by thunderbird ? Do you use a master paswword ?
Until this is reproducible by someone other than the filer, we unfortunately can't block the release on it. Marking blocking- and adding qawanted. Feel free to renominate once we get steps to reproduce.
Flags: blocking-thunderbird3? → blocking-thunderbird3-
Adaca can you answer our questions ?
Hi, I'm sorry for the delay, didn't notice the questions for me!! So here we go: 1) Do you use the global inbox ? Yes 2) Are your password for you 15 accounts saved by thunderbird ? Yes 3) Do you use a master paswword ? No (don't know this feature) I'm always on Linux, and my profile is on my external HD, so I use it on Fedora 9 with Thunderbird 184.108.40.206; the issue happened when I tried to use it on Fedora 11 x86_64 with thunderbird 3.0b3, but after I updated my 15 accounts reactivating the "Include this server when getting new mail" checkbox the issue vanished and isn't reproducible now! Now I'm using the same external HD with: Fedora 9 w/thunderbird 220.127.116.11, Ubuntu 9.10 64bit w/thunderbird 18.104.22.168 and Fedora 11 i386 with thunderbird 3.0b4, with no problem at all. I apologize once again for this delay, and thank you all for your committment!
Delay is OK. Hum by your definition I'm going to close as incomplete as, as it works for you now it's going to be difficult to reproduce and figure out what was broken.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.