This article is a reference to walk users through the info provided by the "Troubleshooting Information" (i.e. about:support) page in Firefox 3.6.
I didn't notice that this was assigned to you Chris. There's a draft up, replace whatever you want on it.
Um, draft _was_ up. Did it get deleted? It gave a timeout after I saved it, but that always happens.
Yes, I deleted it. We've already someone stop contributing because his article bug was hijacked, and it's not a practice I want to condone.
Okay, I think this is ready for review. I wanted to include the windows title bar in the screenshots, but it said "Beta 3".
* Parallelism, usage, and concision tweaks in the intro
* Made the Basics section lists, to match our Options window articles.
* Changed the link to ((Troubleshooting plugins)), since this article is presumably helping people troubleshoot.
* Fixed screenshot (extensions can change the title bar)
* Didn't change it, but "Linux clipboard" is not really a common term, AFAIK
* "Default positions" isn't something we use anywhere else, AFAIK
* We should change ((Cannot uninstall an add-on)) to use about:support to get extension IDs, also. I added a note about them.
* Added link to ((Resetting Preferences)), since that's the logical place to go for troubleshooting preference issues.
Don't know if you're ready to move this to the KB yet, but if you are either go for it and mark this VERIFIED or speak up and I will.
Awesome, thanks. Moved to KB at:
Fri 20 of Nov, 2009 04:14 EST