From bug 528942 comment 32 > https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=foxvox > > This will get pushed. That does work with the above query string, but when you type "foxvox" into the search bar at https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ you get no results. The query string created by the standard search box on the preview site is: https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=foxvox&cat=all&advancedsearch=1&as=1&appid=1&lver=3.5&atype=0&pp=20&pid=5&sort=&lup= That is exactly the same string as the buggy version on the live site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=foxvox&cat=all&advancedsearch=1&as=1&appid=1&lver=3.5&atype=0&pp=20&pid=5&sort=&lup= So it seems the standard search form needs changing?
My suspicion is that your addon was indexed incorrectly. I'll get to the bottom of this.
8 years ago
Created attachment 413394 [details] [diff] [review] Indexing supported Platform, Max/Min vers smarter Both platform and max/min ver check a files status before it indexes those items. This can be problematic, for example experimental addons do not have a file status of 4 (Public) and therefore we'd lose the supported platform and supported max/min versions. The reason this wasn't done this way to begin with is that a public addon might release some versions of its addon and have them be experimental - but as far as search is concerned, that doesn't matter too much. The result now is that FoxVox is picked up by the indexer and indexed with the correct max/min versions and correct platforms. I can now find it regardless of the default search settings.
Comment on attachment 413394 [details] [diff] [review] Indexing supported Platform, Max/Min vers smarter any search changes scare me without a huge test suite
r56476 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 2009-11-19 12:56:54 -0800 (Thu, 19 Nov 2009) | 2 li [bug 529866] Reindexing platform correctly
This bug was pushed live off-cycle tonight.
These were not pushed tonight.
(In reply to comment #8) > These were not pushed tonight. We found out tonight that fixes to some parts of search actually *are* independent, so this bug did go out tonight (re-verified on prod).
I pulled it back to 5.4 for the commit in comment 4 which I don't think went.
Many Thanks for all your work. My add-on is found on the live site again. It's fairly important because the download average had dropped to half during the bug.