The latest trunk nightly has xml error in updating box, 1/ go to Aide menu 2/ click on Rechercher des mises à jour expected result: pop up box looking for updates actual result: pop up box with xml error for this entity: <label>&manualUpdateGetMsg.label;</label> (see screenshot) build id is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:1.9.3a1pre) Gecko/20091119 Minefield/3.7a1pre
Assignee: bugzilla.fr → cedric.corazza
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
It doesn't seem related to the localization but rather to extensions. I started Firefox with a brand new profile and couldn't reproduce this error. On my current profile, I deinstalled some extensions, most of them deprecated, and the error has gone away. For the record, the extensions were: User Agent Switcher 0.7.2 Test Pilot 0.3 Mouse Gestures Redox 2.0.3 FireFTP 1.0.5 Adblock 0.5.3.043 I reinstalled these extensions on a new profile (with Nightly Tester Tools 2.0.3) and I couldn't reproducethe error.
I do not have extensions installed for this profile.
I tested with today's nightly build and the bug is fixed, so looks lilke it wasn't l10n related
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
reopening, Juanb is seeing the problem on 3.6beta4
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
I would suspect bug 407875. Juan, can you please test it? Probably other localizations are affected too.
Summary: latest trunk nightly has xml error in updating box → Update dialog shows xml error for French locale
Does it prevent automatic upgrades? If yes, I would say a respin for beta4 would make sense, else we would never get a notification for beta5/rc1.
The current tip is fine for french, so doing a respin is an option. http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/fr/rev/96f135d042bc is the revision with the fix, and it was a reference to in XUL, that entity is only defined in HTML though, AFAIK.
This checkin was made last Saturday, on Nov 21, while beta4 was built later: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:1.9.2b4) Gecko/20091124 Firefox/3.6b4 Why hasn't this fix been included in build1?
Because we're building off of sign-off source stamps, and we didn't get a sign-off update for that fix.
(In reply to comment #9) I wasn't sure was the root cause of this bug, so I didn't opt in for this changeset. Also, this entity was also present in 1.9.1 branch and the error don't appear in firefox 3.5.x. Nonetheless, I removed it from the 1.9.1 too and I will opt in if this is the cause of this bug.
I confirm that Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:1.9.2b5pre) Gecko/20091125 Namoroka/3.6b5pre doesn't have this bug.
Here's the background: The strings were pre-landed for 1.9.1 (bug 318855), and never saw their bug coming into action before 1.9.2, in particular, the patch that started using those was landed on 1.9.2 on nov 19th (bug 407875). We did a respin for B4 fr, and that changeset is gonna be in for ongoing 3.6 milestones, too.
(In reply to comment #12) > We did a respin for B4 fr Yes, it's working fine now. Thanks! :)
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.