If you think a bug might affect users in the 57 release, please set the correct tracking and status flags for Release Management.

Customized iGoogle page with some gadgets on results in high CPU usage

RESOLVED INCOMPLETE

Status

()

Core
JavaScript Engine
RESOLVED INCOMPLETE
8 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: Peter Thorpe, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2b3) Gecko/20091115 Firefox/3.6b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Build Identifier: High CPU usage on iGoogle with a few gadgets

I have a customized iGoogle page with about 10 gadgets on it some of which I believe have scripts running to check for updated content i.e. GMail gadget

This results in 50% CPU usage on a dual core machine and an unusable firefox. If I remove some gadgets the CPU usage decreases slightly. If I use no scripts the page is fine but obviously the gadgets don't work.

This page was fine until around 1 month ago.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a personalized iGoogle account and add some gadgets, possibly best to be ones which will update their content such as GMail gadget.
2. Show the gadgets
Actual Results:  
High CPU

Expected Results:  
Lower CPU
(Reporter)

Updated

8 years ago
I just hit this and it looks like igoogle has a script that is *constantly* trying to access window.ActiveXObject, which is spamming my error console.
(Assignee)

Updated

3 years ago
Assignee: general → nobody
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IGoogle is gone. So I suppose we close this.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.