Open Bug 533493 Opened 11 years ago Updated 5 years ago

Emails sent from Evision/JSPMail clients are not shown

Categories

(MailNews Core :: Networking, defect)

x86
Linux
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

People

(Reporter: robi, Unassigned)

Details

(Keywords: testcase)

Attachments

(1 file)

User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; sl; rv:1.9.1.7pre) Gecko/20091205 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Firefox/3.5
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7pre) Gecko/20091208 Lightning/1.0b1pre Shredder/3.0.1pre

I get lots of emails from a company that uses mailer which has header like this:

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/related; 
	boundary="----=_Part_704062_1177175594.1260261051856"
X-Mailer: EVISION/JSPMail

Most of those emails has embedded picture which in most cases is not shown at all. 

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Receive mail with images from such client
2. Try to see image
3.
Actual Results:  
Image is not displayed and Thunderbird shows broken icon.

Expected Results:  
Image should be displayed.

I've tried different Thunderbird versions (2.x and 3.x) on Windows and Linux platform and problem doesn't go away while (at least) Evolution client shows images properly.
Component: Message Reader UI → MIME
Product: Thunderbird → MailNews Core
QA Contact: message-reader → mime
Can you attach the email. You should be able to use a text editor and delete any confidential or personal info.
Is it IMAP or pop account?
Can you attach the email. You should be able to use a text editor and delete any confidential or personal info.
Is it IMAP or pop account?
Mail attached. I replaced actual data with bogus data except in part where it should load remote image.
Keywords: testcase
If I remove all attachments it displays.

If I remove or change the filename of images that image will display so it must have difficulty displaying image with the indicated filename for the attachment.

The filename copy and pasted into a browser will display ok. I'm not familiar with our docshell display of images. 

It's not IMAP problem and I don't think it's a mime issue maybe QA can assign this from this info.
OExp only shows the first picture in original email.
If I remove attachments it won't display pictures.

Our content renderer ought to get the pictures from the attachment not from the web like it appears it is doing now.
It would be great if this is fixed. I guess there's also other mailers that sends content generated like this. But since this is usually commercial material, it just get deleted.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Component: MIME → Networking
Ever confirmed: true
QA Contact: mime → networking
one more tidbit for whoever takes this. The pictures show up ok if I change the html src and the attachment content-location to something like attached.jpg and attached.png.
OExp can't pick up the png image either was.
RC is out, but this is still not resolved.
3.1.5 still has this issue.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.