Closed Bug 533943 Opened 12 years ago Closed 12 years ago

CalDav access to my calendar doesn't work on RC2, lightning 1.0, using CGP.

Categories

(Calendar :: Provider: CalDAV, defect)

x86
Windows XP
defect
Not set
major

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED INVALID

People

(Reporter: donparce, Unassigned)

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

User-Agent:       Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)
Build Identifier: Lightning/1.0b2pre Thunderbird/3.0

CalDav worked with tbird 2 and lighting 0.9.  With Lightning 1.0pre I get no errors, but no list of events nor any calendar entries. I tried several calendars, eg https://mail.jaars.org/CalDAV/~don_parce/Calendar. I removed my profile and tried again with the same result. I can access the same calendar using iCal w/10pre. We are using the latest CommuniGate Pro email server 5.2 and I work in the email server support team.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Remove profile
2. Load tbird3 and lightning 1.0pre (tried several builds)
3. Create new calendar on network, use CalDAV, use above path
4. 
Actual Results:  
No calendar data appears.  Exiting thunderbird doesn't help.

Expected Results:  
Should see the calendar event list and calendar entries.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem.
Do you see anything in the error console? You can make that more informative by setting the prefs calendar.debug.log and calendar.debug.log.verbose both to true, and restarting. No one on the Calendar team has access to a CGP server, so we can't test this directly.
The error log for non-verbose looked OK, even though there is no data displayed.  When I tried to add an event to a read-only calendar I saw a normal error. Below is the first 40 lines of verbose mode. These look representative of the 620 pages I got:
CalDAV: recv: 
<D:multistatus>
  <D:response>
    <D:href>/CalDAV/~it_engineering/vacations/</D:href>
    <D:propstat>
      <D:prop>
        <D:resourcetype>
          <D:collection></D:collection>
          <C:calendar></C:calendar>
        </D:resourcetype>
        <D:getetag>"302240664-404-115117"</D:getetag>
      </D:prop>
      <D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</D:status>
    </D:propstat>
    <D:propstat>
      <D:prop>
        <getcontenttype></getcontenttype>
      </D:prop>
      <D:status>HTTP/1.1 404 NotFound</D:status>
    </D:propstat>
  </D:response>
The error log for non-verbose looked OK, even though there is no data displayed.  When I tried to add an event to a read-only calendar I saw a normal error. Below is the first 40 lines of verbose mode. These look representative of the 620 pages I got:
CalDAV: recv: 
<D:multistatus>
  <D:response>
    <D:href>/CalDAV/~it_engineering/vacations/</D:href>
    <D:propstat>
      <D:prop>
        <D:resourcetype>
          <D:collection></D:collection>
          <C:calendar></C:calendar>
        </D:resourcetype>
        <D:getetag>"302240664-404-115117"</D:getetag>
      </D:prop>
      <D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</D:status>
    </D:propstat>
    <D:propstat>
      <D:prop>
        <getcontenttype></getcontenttype>
      </D:prop>
      <D:status>HTTP/1.1 404 NotFound</D:status>
    </D:propstat>
  </D:response>
The error log shows connection to the calendar but no data transfer as the properties can't be accessed.
I tested again with Thunderbird 3.0 and checked for Windows Lightning updates. The results are the same, no error and no calendar data.  I tested using another user account on a different computer too.
Looks like a server error to me: it's returning an empty getcontenttype for all those calendar items.
I tested again with Thunderbird 3.0 and checked for Windows Lightning updates. The results are the same, no error and no calendar data.  I tested using another user account on a different computer too.
Should have been clearer: this is a CGP bug. Lightning is issuing a getcontenttype query and the server is responding with an empty string instead of something along the lines of "text/calendar; charset=utf-8" as required. We may be able to find a workaround for this client-side (though that's doubtful for 1.0) but the bug is server-side. Lightning 0.9 did not do the getcontenttype query (which caused other problems) and did not trigger the CGP bug.

Leaving this bug open to track finding a workaround. But the correct solution is at CGP.
CGP responded to our submission for this issue with a statement that <getcontenttype> is implemented now in their upcoming server release for which we have no details yet.
See this bug on the CGP list:
http://lists.communigate.com/Lists/CGatePro/Message/99029.html
Should be fixed in CGP 5.3.1
We installed CGP 5.3.1 which does indeed support <getcontenttype> and we are able to see CalDAV calendars, so we are closing this.  Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately connection to CalDAV calendars using CGP is not reliable or predictable.  The initial attachment to a CalDAV network calendar never gets an error, but sometimes shows nothing, although other users can access it fine. I'll assume this is not a lightning problem, but we are not reliably getting CalDAV calendar access yet (iCal access is fine).
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Closed: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Resolving as INVALID because the bug was not fixed on the Lightning side.
Resolution: FIXED → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.