Browsing for addons and sorting by updated appears to show unordered results

RESOLVED FIXED in 4.x (triaged)

Status

addons.mozilla.org Graveyard
Search
P3
normal
RESOLVED FIXED
9 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: davedash, Assigned: davedash)

Tracking

4.x (triaged)

Details

(URL)

The sort is fine, the date listed in Updated is misleading - it refers to the last public release - not the date of the latest version (which may be sandboxed).

I switched this behavior in search since we weren't surfacing updated experimental/sandboxed versions - but we should.

The fix is:

* Document "how we determine the last update" of an addon in wiki.mo
* Email drivers about this
* Display the newly designated date in SRP and listing pages.


Note to community members:
* Targeting this for 5.6 (which is after the holidays).
* The fix will surface on preview when this is marked fixed.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Target Milestone: --- → 5.6
OS: Mac OS X → All
Hardware: x86 → All
Priority: -- → P3
Target Milestone: 5.6 → 4.x (triaged)
Is this fixed with the last_updated column?
No, but it makes it easier to fix this.  I'd move this into 5.9.

Comment 4

9 years ago
I sure hope it gets fixed. I rarely look at updates anymore except when i want to see what an update for a particular extension had. To just look at stuff... not much anymore.
Hi Blueeyedtex, Just remember that things are in order, just the date shown is incorrect.  We're slowly fixing this so it looks right, but you should be able to at least see what's new.
Actually this may get fixed sooner since I inadvertantly fixed it in a patch here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=550378
Depends on: 550378

Comment 7

9 years ago
(In reply to comment #5)
> Hi Blueeyedtex, Just remember that things are in order, just the date shown is
> incorrect.  We're slowly fixing this so it looks right, but you should be able
> to at least see what's new.

Yeah, that's been pointed out already but where i get confused (or frustrated) is when one of my themes or extensions does an update via the browser itself and then i go to AMO to look at it to see what was new on the update, it's never at the newest update. I have to actually go searching for it to find it and read the new update.

Hope that made sense and why it bothers me (even though it shouldn't).
Note to community members (blueeyedtex) please verify this on PREVIEW, not production.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Product: addons.mozilla.org → addons.mozilla.org Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.