I have noticed this last week, yesterday, and today. I have the latest 1.9.2 build 20091215 for my n900 and it appears to work fine. I do some basic transactions (banking on bankofamerica.com, domain management on godaddy.com) followed by some news reading from google, miamiherald and finally cnn. I ended up on money.cnn.com and I have tried for 40 minutes to click a link to a specific article. I zoom in while the page is loading (I wait 30 seconds, but it isn't fully loaded), pan down to my link and click it. For some reason I always get the wrong link even though it is highlighting my specific link. My suspicions are that I am in the middle of a pan while the link is being tapped. I go back to the main page and try again, same fail. It takes me about 5 minutes to pan just up and down the page, and each time I do something like that it is a checkerboard. There are 3 tabs open on my system and when I first started browsing with the new build I had 5 tabs with no problems. Last week in the airport (on GSM card), I tried to do my internet browsing and it kept crashing or hanging after a couple sites. For a flagship device, this creates a very bad user experience.
Exact issues I've had with 1.0b6pre (20091223) and the current beta out (forgot version right now). Because of holidays, I have been spending a lot of time (more than usual anyway) on Amazon and it slows to a crawl w/various issues including those mentioned above. Memory use climbs dramatically (using >70MB after a few mins) during the time it's running and goes back to 'normal' once closed. I don't usually have more than 1 tab open right now because of the sluggishness. I haven't had time to trace the cause, but Fennec overall seems very heavyweight and very slow compared with other mobile browsers. Playing with the betas a bit on the N900, I've assumed this will improve as we go on, but it hasn't much (speed/responsiveness/rendering). I guess you are about to go RC so hopefully the aggregate of fixes being made will at least put this on the level of the N900's included browser. Don't get me wrong - great to have FF around on a mobile device (yay) and Weave is a cool idea, but it's just not fast enough to be used a lot yet - I'm normally in a hurry and known to be very impatient :-) Oh, I've tried a few adjustments in about:config, but taking it easy since some I've made don't seem to 'take effect' or be relevant, others are "doesn't seem that is relevant for this platform".
There's a lot of problems mentioned here, but no clear steps to reproduce to move to the next stage. Joel, is there a way to create a steps to reproduce? If not, I'd like to move this to resolved:incomplete.
Aakash, yeah read the description. I run into this quite often, just use it as your default browser for a solid half hour, let it sit for a couple hours and then browse solid for another half hour and you will be guaranteed to hit it. Otherwise you are looking at a 150 step repro
Yeah, I understand your plight, but we gotta get a valid steps to reproduce as the results of the steps to perform are impossible to replicate consistently. I'm moving to resolved:incomplete. Please change it if you feel it needs to be re-opened.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
Component: Linux/Maemo → General
QA Contact: maemo-linux → general
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.