I'm not exactly sure what the process is here (I've never launched a site on my own before) but we're going to need to push the getfirebug.com redesign live in the next day or two. Opening this bug to get this process started.
The current site is in svn/projects/getfirebug.com/trunk and is currently mirrored to getfirebug.stage.mozilla.com. There's still an open bug right now on a PHP sessions issue with the CMS (bug #537778) but we can do a DB import of my local instance, which fox2mike has already done once on staging.
Rob has told me that it's critical that a specific part of the repo can't be touched, but he's out today sick so he'll have to comment here with specifics.
taking a closer look at the directory, (currently mirrored from getfirebug.com's svn repo under tags/production), there are a number of directories we need to watch out for and not touch. They are:
lite would likely benefit from some new styling, but we can wait to do that afterwards. I don't think there are any additional directories that should remain as they are now.
One other directory that needs to move over is workingGroup/.
Trevor, this is ready to go out, at least to staging for now. fox2mike was doing an import of my local DB as that's where all of the content has been created, so I'll need to do this now to sync my local version with stage.
I can push the related template files up to svn - where should I put a dump of my DB for you?
We're ready to go, but we need IT's help to get this out.
DB dump loaded on stage.
Can I get the cache directory located in getfirebug.com/cache (on stage) chmodded to 777, please? The script I use to pull RSS into HTML needs to write to that directory.
(In reply to comment #5)
> Can I get the cache directory located in getfirebug.com/cache (on stage)
> chmodded to 777, please? The script I use to pull RSS into HTML needs to write
> to that directory.
In general, directories such as 'cache' should be outside the webroot for security reasons... this is so if anything executable were to be put in that directory, there would be no way to run it from the web.
Removing the dependency on minification - I want to get this out today. We can add that in post-launch.
chizu - the launch document for this site is here:
Would it be possible to get this out for today?
r60994 is last commit to trunk.
Updated some files - r61013 is the release revision. Thanks!
Sorry, last chang - r61014. Code is frozen.
This is live, but a number of pages are failing to load content.
It was working for a little bit there, but now it's not pulling from the database for some reason.
Yep, something changed either to the config.php file in /perch/config/ or the database credentials or location of the database was changed and not updated in the config file.
ok, fixed that. It would be best if the config file was named config.php-dist in svn to prevent conflicts on updates.
Next issue I see is blog.getfirebug.com is referring to images that no longer exists.
chizu: thanks for all of your help! I don't see the blog issue, so hopefully this was just a transient issue.
Is the production site now syncing with trunk? Just wondering how we make changes to the live site code and files if need be.
Here's the image urls that 404 on blog:
The production site is pulled from r61014. It can be updated with a newer trunk revision or we could switch it to a new svn tag. It doesn't automatically update, you would file a bug like this one to get it updated.
I think once we've got this setup the way we like it, we should merge to a tag, e.g., newdesign and clone from that. Trunk should be remapped to stage.
Remaining image bugs are tracked in bug 542682.
That should be bug 531477.