Lightning Calender pane is not displayed properly

RESOLVED INCOMPLETE

Status

Calendar
Lightning Only
RESOLVED INCOMPLETE
8 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: kurt rosenfeld, Unassigned)

Tracking

Lightning 1.0b1
x86
Windows XP

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091130 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0 ThunderBrowse/3.2.7

The Lightning pane is far too wide and cannot be reduced in width.
The monthly calender icon is in the middle of the pane instead of being to the left.



Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Open Thunderbird
2.Show Lightning
3.
Actual Results:  
Lightning Pane is not fullu visible and cannot be shrunk.

Expected Results:  
Lightning pane should automatically occupy the correct width.
(Reporter)

Comment 1

8 years ago
Created attachment 421425 [details]
Picture of Thunderbird showing lightning pane problem
Kurt I suspect that this issue should be close as WFM.

>The Lightning pane is far too wide and cannot be reduced in width.
Have you tried to move mouse over line that divide calendar pane from messages list? You should see splitter icon that grant you to reduce\increase widht of lightning.

>The monthly calender icon is in the middle of the pane instead of being to the
>left.
You means at calendar icon on tabsbar (placed on right of "activities" and "list all tabs")?
Component: Folder and Message Lists → Lightning Only
Product: Thunderbird → Calendar
QA Contact: folders-message-lists → lightning

Updated

8 years ago
Version: unspecified → Lightning 1.0b1
I recently saw a tabmail bug that could produce a similar behavior. Please retest with a Thunderbird nightly, or the upcoming 3.0.1 release.
(Reporter)

Comment 4

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #2)
The vertical border of the message pane can be moved left or right and the Calender pane will follow that movement. Movement to the left results in the calender pane being pulled left but its tight border does not appear and therefore the width of the calender pane cannot be reduced

The dsiplay of the month dates is centered in the calender pane instead of being on the left.

Please note that the Buttons on the topr right cannot be seen fully due to the window width being wrong..

> Kurt I suspect that this issue should be close as WFM.
> 
> >The Lightning pane is far too wide and cannot be reduced in width.
> Have you tried to move mouse over line that divide calendar pane from messages
> list? You should see splitter icon that grant you to reduce\increase widht of
> lightning.
> 
> >The monthly calender icon is in the middle of the pane instead of being to the
> >left.
> You means at calendar icon on tabsbar (placed on right of "activities" and
> "list all tabs")?

(In reply to comment #2)
> Kurt I suspect that this issue should be close as WFM.
> 
> >The Lightning pane is far too wide and cannot be reduced in width.
> Have you tried to move mouse over line that divide calendar pane from messages
> list? You should see splitter icon that grant you to reduce\increase widht of
> lightning.
> 
> >The monthly calender icon is in the middle of the pane instead of being to the
> >left.
> You means at calendar icon on tabsbar (placed on right of "activities" and
> "list all tabs")?
(Reporter)

Comment 5

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #3)
> I recently saw a tabmail bug that could produce a similar behavior. Please
> retest with a Thunderbird nightly, or the upcoming 3.0.1 release.
nightly and v 3.o.1 Do nor accept lightning as an add on!
For the current lightning 1.0b2pre nightlies, you need to retest with Thunderbird 3.1 nightlies. I'd appreciate if you could do so.

A temporary solution for Tb 3.0, please try with Lightning 1.0b1 and Thunderbird 3.0.2.
Kurt, is this still an issue with recent versions of Thunderbird and Lightning?
Resolving as incomplete because there was no response since comment#7.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.