using Fx3.5.5 and Fx 3.6 rc, i am unable to delete a certificates folder from the Authorities tab. Deleting individual certs does work, but not the entire folder at once,. If that's by design, we should disable the "Delete" button in the UI.
1) open prefs > Advanced > Encryption > "View Certificates" button
2) Click Authorities tab
3) Select a folder that has more than one certificate in it. If nothing, then add one from www.versign.com
4) hightlight the Cert name folder (eg. Verisign, inc), and press "Delete"
5) Verify you cannot delete the folder. You can delete individual certs in the folder though.
- Either disable the "Delete" button when highlighting a folder, or allow folder deletion support
- unable to delete a certificate folder.
Shouldn't this be in PSM ?
I hit this too while running the FFTs. I think bug 78808 covers at least your first expected result.
Bug 78808 changed the UI so that the buttons are disabled if any "folders"/containers are selected, so this is a duplicate in that sense.
Bug 1136338 is about making this process less tedious, e.g. by implementing a way to delete all certs under a container that actually works.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 78808 ***