User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 1.1.4322) Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 1.1.4322) I view my blog post at http://www.gentlewisdom.org.uk/?p=1570. There is a link on this page to an image at http://www2.clustrmaps.com/counter/index2.php?url=http://www.qaya.org/blog/ but this image is unavailable (probably only temporarily but currently for the last several hours). The page is displayed correctly but with the alt text "Locations of visitors to this page" instead of the image. But when I then try to download and save this page as a local file, the download hangs indefinitely. Reproducible: Sometimes Steps to Reproduce: 1. Go to http://www.gentlewisdom.org.uk/?p=1570 2. Try to save this page as a local file Actual Results: Download hangs, for several hours. Message at the bottom of the screen reads "One active download (31 seconds remaining)" (the number varies). Download manager reports "1% of 1 file" and "Unknown time remaining - 0 bytes (0 bytes/sec)". Subsidiary files on this page are saved but the main page file is not saved. Expected Results: File is downloaded and saved correctly, but without the image that is not available. I think this is a recently introduced bug, as I have been saving my blog posts in this way for several years but I have only recently started seeing this problem. I am marking this "Major" because it makes it impossible for me to save data - not quite loss of data, but risking this by making backup impossible.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.3a1pre) Gecko/20100202 Minefield/3.7a1pre CPU goes indeed high for a long time.
Component: General → Download Manager
Product: Firefox → Toolkit
QA Contact: general → download.manager
Version: unspecified → Trunk
This morning when I reopened Mozilla I got a message something like "Mozilla could not save file [filename] because the source file could not be read", and Download Manager showed a failed download. But the image is now available and so when I retried the download it was successful.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.3a1pre) Gecko/20100202 Minefield/3.7a1pre The problem is still there. I'll confirm this bug for now. I quick search didn't turn up a duplicate.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
I have also noticed, and continue to notice, that "CPU goes indeed high for a long time" when doing downloads like this, even when they are successful. CPU usage remains high even after the download is complete, but drops to normal levels when the Mozilla tab from which the download was done is closed. Most likely this is a separate bug, but there may be some link.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.