Push Spanish [es] localization of Get Personas from stage to production

VERIFIED FIXED

Status

Websites Graveyard
getpersonas.com
VERIFIED FIXED
8 years ago
5 years ago

People

(Reporter: Seth Bindernagel, Assigned: abuchanan)

Tracking

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
The "es" team has been asking in the dev-l10n-web newsgroup to push their version of the Get Personas site live.  

Can someone on the webdev team push their translations from stage to production?
Blocks: 546153
(Reporter)

Comment 1

8 years ago
ping.
Ryan's out; maybe try IT?
(Assignee)

Comment 3

8 years ago
r62413 changes lang config on trunk, adds "es" to production-ready locales.

I'll merge to production and file an IT push bug.
(Assignee)

Updated

8 years ago
Assignee: nobody → buchanae
(Assignee)

Comment 4

8 years ago
r62416 tags for production

IT push bug:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=546543
I don't know why but the live server strings are not up to date with the stage ones, who could check this please?

http://personas.stage.mozilla.com/es/
http://www.getpersonas.com/es/

How often are the stage changes ported to the live server?
(Assignee)

Comment 6

8 years ago
http://www.getpersonas.com/es/ in Spanish.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
There's a problem, though.

In the footer, the locale/language picker's 4th option is missing (the one that takes you to /es/).
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
(Assignee)

Comment 8

8 years ago
r62503 (on trunk) adds Spanish to yet another locale list :)  this should fix the language switcher.
(Assignee)

Comment 9

8 years ago
r62505 tags for production.

Reopened push bug
(Assignee)

Updated

8 years ago
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Verified FIXED on http://www.getpersonas.com/es/.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Something went wrong, now the content is completely in English!

http://www.getpersonas.com/es/
(Assignee)

Comment 12

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #11)
> Something went wrong, now the content is completely in English!
> 
> http://www.getpersonas.com/es/

Hrm, what's going on??  I saw it in English shortly after the push, then it was back in Spanish, now it's in English again??
(Assignee)

Comment 13

8 years ago
The problem was a bad .mo file.  recompiling fixed it.  

http://www.getpersonas.com/es/?nocache
Did anyone check the stage website first before requesting this locale be pushed live? We pushed it live with a lot of missing strings. For future locales we should have QA verify on stage that the locale is ready to go.
We checked, but we had the problem that our es.po (svn and Verbatim) was old, and we cannot get a new one. 

We made the changes needed now, and uploaded to svn through Verbatim. But somebody says that server update po files each month.
(Assignee)

Comment 16

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #15)
> We checked, but we had the problem that our es.po (svn and Verbatim) was old,
> and we cannot get a new one. 
> 
> We made the changes needed now, and uploaded to svn through Verbatim. But
> somebody says that server update po files each month.

I believe that was me, and it was more like "monthly?  I'm just *guessing* I really don't know" :)
It sounds like there was a lot of miscommunication. You can get an updated .po file whenever you want, it should update when I add new strings. I'm not sure how Verbatim works, but you might have to ask the Verbatim team to pull in new strings.

The stage server updates every 10 minutes and we update production whenever we need to. If you need changes pushed live just file a bug and we can get it into the next maintenance window (every Tuesday and Thursday night).

Hope that helps!
(Reporter)

Comment 18

8 years ago
You should be able to update your locale by clicking an update from templates button within your locale.  This will update your locale with any changes to the .pot.  Gandalf or clouserw can confirm that.  We might also be able to run a cron job to always update from template.  I'll ask.
Component: getpersonas.com → getpersonas.com
Product: Websites → Websites Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.