link does not navigate to anchor if it's called "adposition"

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

()

--
minor
RESOLVED INVALID
9 years ago
9 years ago

People

(Reporter: kirk.miller, Unassigned)

Tracking

3.5 Branch
x86
Windows XP
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

9 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7

Used multiple anchors in a Wikibook ("Na'vi"). If that anchor is called "adposition", then links to it do not work. Entering the URL manually does not work either. There is no blank space in the anchor name. Opera has no problem, nor does IE. Reproducible on other wikis, not just Wikibooks. See [[Talk:Na'vi/Glossary]] for s.o. who knows more than me who says things look good in the code produced by Wikibooks. 

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add {{anchor|adposition}} to a page (apparently any page) at Wikibooks, Wikipedia, or Wiktionary (at least).
2. Add [[#adposition]] elsewhere on the page, or with proper URL, on another page.
3. Click on link, or append #adposition to end of URL and hit 'enter'. 
Actual Results:  
The link blinks and changes color to the color associated with visited links.

Expected Results:  
That, plus navigation to the anchor.

Check the URL provided and search for "adposition" for problem links; the problem has been bypassed in the current Wikibook. 

If I remove, add, or change a letter in the anchor word, the link works. I've tried removing each letter in turn, added a letter to beginning or end, and changed 1st or last letter, and each time the link worked, though it did not when I added a space at beginning or end. 

Another editor found the same problem with his copy of FF.
(Reporter)

Updated

9 years ago
Version: unspecified → 3.5 Branch
This works for me, although I'm using Firefox 3.6

Does using safe mode fix it?
(Reporter)

Comment 2

9 years ago
I tried safe mode, but using a paired-down FF account w few extensions, and it worked fine. I then tried in normal mode, and that with that FF account it still worked fine. Likely the bug is in one of my extensions, then. The other editor must have the same extension installed: when he reproduced the problem, I assumed that it wasn't just me and came here. 

I hadn't even thought of trying safe mode: that might be a good thing to add to the step-by-step bug-report instructions, along with checking existing reports & the like.
If you figure out which extension is causing the problem please report the issue to the author of that extension.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Bug_writing_guidelines does say check existing reports. Not all issues are with extensions though :-)
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
(Reporter)

Comment 4

9 years ago
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant, where it says to check existing reports, it might be useful to *also* say check safe mode.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.