Started "apprunner -mail", running it from a DOS box (NOT from going to Start/Run), and went to View/Messages/All from the menu bar. Apprunner crashed immediately. The "Details" option from the error box said: *BEGIN QUOTE* APPRUNNER caused an invalid page fault in module MAILNEWS.DLL at 0137:010d61ff. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0137 EIP=010d61ff EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=013f ESP=0076f4dc EBP=0076f4fc ECX=0076f498 DS=013f ESI=80000000 FS=0dd7 EDX=815c0638 ES=013f EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 07 57 ff 50 58 ff 75 fc 8b 07 57 ff 50 58 ff Stack dump: 009a1f10 00000000 00b9ea30 007d2608 009a1f10 00924380 008a9430 00c40cb0 0076f50c 010d613b 00000000 0076f518 0076f530 010d7388 00b9ea30 00000000 *END QUOTE* And this error also occurs when going to View/Messages/Unread. The error box from going to View/Messages/Unread gets me: *BEGIN QUOTE* APPRUNNER caused an invalid page fault in module MAILNEWS.DLL at 0137:010d61ff. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0137 EIP=010d61ff EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=013f ESP=0076f4dc EBP=0076f4fc ECX=0076f498 DS=013f ESI=80000000 FS=0d67 EDX=815c0538 ES=013f EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 07 57 ff 50 58 ff 75 fc 8b 07 57 ff 50 58 ff Stack dump: 009a3320 00000000 00a3fba0 007d25d8 009a3320 00923c70 008a9430 00a72760 0076f50c 010d628f 00000000 0076f518 0076f530 010d741f 00a3fba0 00000000 *END QUOTE* I am running nightly build no. 1999042408. I have been unable to duplicate this by going to Tasks/Messenger or clicking on the Messenger icon from the browser side, because Messenger doesn't start up unless run with the "-mail" option on this build.
I actually fixed this yesterday so it wouldn't crash. Chris, the reason it crashed was because my tree's database was coming up null. You mentioned that I wouldn't be able to use document.rdf, but I thought I could still say tree.database. Anyway, I fixed the crash by not acting on null parameters from js.
All right, I was wrong about my fix. I only fixed one of the potential crashes. I need to fix the others. I'm getting a null database in a bunch of places (yeah I know we're supposed to tests against this in our js functions, but I haven't been). Anyway, Chris, it looks like NS_WITH_SERVICE(nsIXPConnect, xpc, kXPConnectCID, &rv); is failing in nsJSUtils::nsConvertXPCObjectToJSVal which is being called when you go to look up an element in a tree.
OK, I checked in the null ptr checks. Now it won't crash if you use the debugger. You'll get an assert when it can't find the service and then if you continue it won't crash although the actions won't take place. If you don't run in the debugger and you are running a debug build, it will crash since there is an assertion.
Ok, this is my bug then.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 19 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Needed extra DOM glue code that I missed.
RE: win32 seamonkey build (1999-05-03-08) This problem no longer exists..
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.