We turned off search on getpersonas.com b/c it was hammering the db. Just committed a patch to use Sphinx instead. Need to get this on stage asap so we can test and deploy tonight. Got a lot of users complaining and with search missing it's actually increasing our load because people are paging through the gallery more. Setup: 1) Copy docroot/server/lib/sphinx/localsettings.py-dist to docroot/server/lib/sphinx/localsettings.py 2) Edit docroot/server/lib/sphinx/localsettings.py, adding db and sphinx configuration. (db configuration is in docroot/server/lib/personas_constants.php) 3) Run docroot/server/lib/sphinx/sphinx.conf, it will print out the configuration for sphinx 4) Add that config to the sphinx cluster 5) Copy sphinx config at bottom of docroot/server/lib/personas_constants.php.dist to docroot/server/lib/personas_constants.php and change appropriate configuration 6) Profit!
Indexer can be run ~5 minutes, takes about 6 seconds to index.
Deployed and running every 5 minutes.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Verified FIXED. Vishal and I tested this.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Summary: Setup sphinx for personas.stage.mozilla.com → Set up sphinx for personas.stage.mozilla.com
Product: mozilla.org → mozilla.org Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.