DOM Inspector for SeaMonkey 2.0.3 and 2.0.4 pulled from a wrong branch



Build Config
8 years ago
8 years ago


(Reporter: adriank, Unassigned)


SeaMonkey 2.0 Branch

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)




8 years ago
I was a bit surprised, when my l10n script told me today, that there were string changes on the SeaMonkey 2.0.x branch.

Digging deeper, I found out, that after the SeaMonkey 2.0.2 release, there was a branch created with the name "COMM_1_9_1_BASE":

Unfortunately, at least one of the ancestor changesets had string changes:

The branch graphics:

I'm not sure if this was planned that way, but at least I haven't seen any notifications about any string changes on the 2.0.x branch... So I didn't update the Polish localization...

Comment 1

8 years ago
This is intentional. As DOM inspector keeps its L10n in its own repo, I decided to base COMM_1_9_1_BRANCH on an actual DOMi release instead of just a random midway point where SeaMonkey 2.0 was released, like we needed to do for ChatZilla and venkman, unfortunately.

That means you need to check in L10n updates to the branch in DOMi as well, but at least we have a clean, supported state we ship in SeaMonkey 2.0.x.

That said, I'm not completely satisfied with the whole "extensions in 2.0" story in any case, but I know of no better solution right now.
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID

Comment 2

8 years ago
ok, I understand that.

But it would be great to have announcements on before making any string changes on a stable branch in the future - just to not make localizers like me angry ;)

Comment 3

8 years ago
I know, things went unfortunate with the extensions and 2.0, I'll surely try to make things smoother with the next release, 2.0 was the first time of doing things that way and I know it was bumpy but we learned a few things along the way. :)
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.