Couldn't update from March 22 nightly

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 539717

Status

()

Toolkit
Application Update
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 539717
8 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: catlee, Unassigned)

Tracking

Trunk
x86_64
Linux
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
My current build id is:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.3a4pre) Gecko/20100322 Minefield/3.7a4pre ID:20100322030555.

For the past few days I haven't been able to update.  When I start the browser, the Help -> Check for Updates dialog would show "Resume downloading ...", and when opened up would show the update dialog which just said "Connecting to update server".

I blew away updates.xml, sorry, but here's what active-update.xml used to contain before I moved it away:

<updates xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/2005/app-update"><update appVersion="3.7a4pre" buildID="20100323030550" channel="nightly" displayVersion="3.7a4pre" extensionVersion="3.7a4pre" installDate="1269350685416" isCompleteUpdate="true" name="Minefield 3.7a4pre" serviceURL="https://aus2.mozilla.org/update/3/Firefox/3.7a4pre/20100322030555/Linux_x86_64-gcc3/en-US/nightly/Linux%202.6.26-2-amd64%20(GTK%202.18.6)/default/default/update.xml?force=1" showNeverForVersion="false" showPrompt="false" showSurvey="false" type="minor" version="3.7a4pre" detailsURL="http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/" previousAppVersion="3.7a4pre" statusText="No data was received (please try again)" foregroundDownload="true"><patch type="complete" URL="http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2010/03/2010-03-23-03-mozilla-central/firefox-3.7a4pre.en-US.linux-x86_64.complete.mar" hashFunction="sha512" hashValue="202a8ad7cdc7be264a90fa0e6abe929439c88da13844fedf01a70e9f01ee8845f608bfd80e580489dfbc4522db621fc7bcd06b2bca9b80b735a4440c00a6b4ea" size="12569996" selected="true" state="downloading"/><patch type="partial" URL="http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2010/03/2010-03-23-03-mozilla-central/firefox-3.7a4pre.en-US.linux-x86_64.partial.20100322030555-20100323030550.mar" hashFunction="sha512" hashValue="03fdf1c72cfbea09e074691f0cc06e6a19c8821327db66c612d61e1818b891b38eaa6a70ba098fb7af5a4e456bdfaecacec86b41d58a5e4e830579344727db2f" size="1260765" selected="false" state="download-failed"/></update></updates>

updates/0/update.version and update.status both contained the string 'null'

And here's the console log after enabling app.update.log:

*** AUS:SVC gCanCheckForUpdates - able to check for updates
*** AUS:SVC gCanApplyUpdates - testing write access /home/catlee/minefield/update.test
*** AUS:SVC gCanApplyUpdates - able to apply updates
*** AUS:SVC readStatusFile - status: null, path: /home/catlee/minefield/updates/0/update.status
*** AUS:SVC UpdateService:_postUpdateProcessing - no status, no update
*** UTM:SVC TimerManager:registerTimer - id: personas-data-refresh-timer
*** UTM:SVC TimerManager:registerTimer - id: personas-favorites-refresh-timer
*** UTM:SVC TimerManager:registerTimer - id: places-maintenance-timer
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)

(<unknown>:14799): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_get_origin: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(<unknown>:14799): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_get_origin: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(<unknown>:14799): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_get_origin: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
*** AUS:SVC readStatusFile - status: null, path: /home/catlee/minefield/updates/0/update.status
*** AUS:SVC Downloader:_selectPatch - found existing patch with state: null
*** AUS:SVC Downloader:_selectPatch - failed to apply complete patch!
*** AUS:SVC Downloader:downloadUpdate - no patch to download
*** AUS:SVC readStatusFile - status: null, path: /home/catlee/minefield/updates/0/update.status
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)
  (child won, so we're not deferring)
  (child won, so we're deferring)
  (processing deferred in-call)


I eventually got updates working by deleting the entire updates directory and also renaming active-update.xml out of the way.
I'm quite sure this is a dupe of bug 539717 so duping.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 539717
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.