User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100420 SeaMonkey/2.1a1pre Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100420 SeaMonkey/2.1a1pre http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-2e1f9f8b-6f91-4202-be1b-646182100422 Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install SeaMonkey V2.0.4 or nightly 2. Install MS Office 2003 3. Create a new profile and start SeaMonkey 5. Open http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052567391033.aspx Actual Results: SM crashes. Expected Results: Opens that URL.
Created attachment 440744 [details] Debug Information The problem is caused by an uninitialized variable at http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/ab4c6ba5ff70/modules/plugin/base/src/nsNPAPIPlugin.cpp#l917
This crash comes from plugins code, apparently. Plugins devs: Note that SeaMonkey is not doing libxul builds, those are --enable static, so OOPP isn't built.
Yet the stack shows that strstr is called by SM.
Created attachment 440745 [details] [diff] [review] zane's patch
(In reply to comment #3) > Yet the stack shows that strstr is called by SM. Sure it's _called_ by SM, but the code we're using there is Mozilla core code, that's why the bug belongs in this component. And as you see, moving here prompted someone to act on it. :)
Sorry, I didn't get your point.
zane: you filed the bug in product 'seamonkey'. kairo moved the bug to product 'core'. SeaMonkey is roughly speaking a consumer of Core. He was just explaining the move. kairo: no, I opened the bug as soon as i saw crash and npoffice :). But if it wasn't me, yes, the move here might have triggered something.
I'm marking this bug as WORKSFORME as bug crashlog signature didn't appear from a long time (over half year).